Sign in to follow this  
RENESIS

Engines Missing on 800/900 (FSX)

Hi all,

As the title says I am missing engine views on NGX 800-900. Strangely though I can see them on the 600/700 expansion.

I'm specifically referring to the virtual cockpit view where you can look back at the wing and see the engine pod. I can see the wing but no engine hanging from it.

I have attempted to reinstall both programmes but this has not helped. I use a camera add-on programme called EZDOK and I did run to config process after reinstalling but no difference. I eventually uninstalled EZDOK but still no engines.

I'm confused as to why I can see them on the 600/700 though. Is it likely a problem with the installer for the 800/900?

I noticed that after reinstalling I was not required to enter the key as presumably it is retained on the system. Is it possible to completely remove NGX so as to try a clean install?

My system is:

W7 64bit

FSX SP2

4GB RAM

i5 @ 4,6

GTX 460

Looks like an oversight on my part as the engine pods on the 800's and 900's aren't modelled, according to PMDG support, due to fuselage length rendering them non-visible from the flight deck. Different story with the 600's and 700's.

That is a shame because, at least for me, I love that wing/engine view especially on long high altitude flights with air turbulence. The wing flex feature is another reason to view the wing from VC mode. Is there anyway to modify this issue? 

It's not an issue.

In the -800, and especially in the -900, you simply can not see the engines from the flight deck. Even the aft most windowed is angled inwards, making it impossible to see the engines.

If you want to have a look at the engines, use an other camera, but not the one used for the virtual cockpit. As the name implies, that camera simulates the view from the cockpit.

You can see the wings though, and PMDG did model this correctly.

Lastly, full (real) names are required here, per Forum Policy, as stipulated by PMDG.

In the VC right click on the sky, left click on Aircraft, left click on Right Wing Forward or Left Wing Forward what ever is your preferred view. It's from the first class cabin.