Hey guys,

I have just purchased ASN and I love it, the only problem is that I like the cameras from Opus, but I was wondering how can I use the cameras from opus and the weather engine from ASN. I tried to disable opus live weather engine but it's still working I am not sure why. I am using the DHM by the way. so is it possible to use them both, one for the cameras and one for the weather engine? if so how? sorry if it has been posted before, I searched but did not find post like that. thanks in advance!

Hi

I am doing exactly what you are thinking. However I could not get it to work after Opus version 3.37.5 and I no longer update Opus so that I can retain this ability. It was the last version released just before ASN. What I do is turn off weather in OpusFSX. I first start FSX. Then I start OpusFSX. Then I load a flight. Once in the sim proper, I then load ASN. With this order of loading Opus camera works quite well with ASN. There is a small problem that the dedicated TrackIR process in Opus starts to become a tiny bit glitchy when the CPU load is very high. Every 5 minutes or so the TrackIR looses sync for perhaps 2/10 of a second and then is normal again. I have a 4.2GHZ 8 core machine and most of the time it is ok. Even with Opus set to trackIR high priority, it still happens. I think it is because there is extra threads and processor load with both Opus and ASN going at the same time. However, I have not noticed any frame rate drop at all, anywhere in the sim. Just the occassionally glitchy Opus TrackIR.

I love the way that ASN depicts aircraft turbulence, combined with the camera shake of Opus which if setup correctly, makes landings and take offs more dynamic. Realise that Opus camera shake during the flight does not work because there is no weather, however there are a few little random shakes that I do add just for interest. The other real bonus of Opus camera is that it's head movement including cockpit limits are much better than default TrackIR software.

Hi

I am doing exactly what you are thinking. However I could not get it to work after Opus version 3.37.5 and I no longer update Opus so that I can retain this ability. It was the last version released just before ASN. What I do is turn off weather in OpusFSX. I first start FSX. Then I start OpusFSX. Then I load a flight. Once in the sim proper, I then load ASN. With this order of loading Opus camera works quite well with ASN. There is a small problem that the dedicated TrackIR process in Opus starts to become a tiny bit glitchy when the CPU load is very high. Every 5 minutes or so the TrackIR looses sync for perhaps 2/10 of a second and then is normal again. I have a 4.2GHZ 8 core machine and most of the time it is ok. Even with Opus set to trackIR high priority, it still happens. I think it is because there is extra threads and processor load with both Opus and ASN going at the same time. However, I have not noticed any frame rate drop at all, anywhere in the sim. Just the occassionally glitchy Opus TrackIR.

I love the way that ASN depicts aircraft turbulence, combined with the camera shake of Opus which if setup correctly, makes landings and take offs more dynamic. Realise that Opus camera shake during the flight does not work because there is no weather, however there are a few little random shakes that I do add just for interest. The other real bonus of Opus camera is that it's head movement including cockpit limits are much better than default TrackIR software.

Hey, thanks for that info!