Sign in to follow this  
hyphen81

Crackling Engine Sound in FSX

I am getting a crackling sound in my audio that seems to only be associated with the engine sound.  From what I can tell, voices on ATC or fspassengers all come across clear, its just the engine sound effect.  Does anyone experienced this before, or do you know how to fix it?

Maybe my 172 just needs an oil change :lol:

I noticed the same issue with the TSS 737NG soundpack. The issue resided at the end of the WAV clip soundfile. - There was a minor crack sound but, since the sound file repeats, the crack sound was heard every 4 seconds.

To correct this, I listened to all of the relevant engine sounds and found the files at fault. Then, I corrected it by editing out the sound crackle. After, I verified to check that the problem had been resolved!

Try this for yourself and it should resolve the problem you are having.