Sign in to follow this  
EDHL0001

AMD HD7900 and DX10 SF -Experience-

I bought the DX10 SF several weeks ago and since then I tried to get my FSX running without "artifacts" and " spikes" because I liked the program and it results. I read and followed all the availlable advices / documents. But it took me more than 50 flights and a lot of time to find the right settings for my system with a HD7900. Pauls guide "DX10 Notes" is an excellent document but for me as a normal user to much technical and leaving too many options e. g. for my problem / hardware it is not specific enough. .

I tried to summarize my experience and the results in the following document. This may help any new user of DX10 SF with a HD7900 graphic card to start with. Maybe other users with other AMD cards will follow and so some time a table of recommendation can be created e.g. which settings work flawlessness with which card. The document can be downloaded using the following link:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=FF01B36902F93518!301&authkey=!AJc3ALO-PyQjIFY&ithint=folder%2c.ZIP

But I was not satisfied with the result of the "possible" settings and therefore in the mean time I changed to a NVidia GTX780 which I should have done much earlier. No problems to install and make the necessary settings.which took me less than one hour. I could "increase" most of the FSX settings without getting artifacts and spikes and a big drop on FPS. Now I am completely satisfied with DX10 SF.