Sign in to follow this  
turner112

ASN vs FSGRW vs OPUS..... ?

I own all wx engines mentioned and with ASN released that's the only wx engine I'm using and with AS2012 cloud textures and I'm more than happy with that mix :smile:

I also use AS2012 sky textures and found some that give this almost magically realistic light and feeling inside the cockpit especially at dawn. I also use AS2012 water and waves and in combination with DX10 which gives you true moving water affected by the wind everything gets really nice!

Just let me know if you're interested and I can look up the names of the textures I'm using.

Richard Åsberg

ASN is definitely my first choice, I use it in combination with REX4. The interface is very user friendly and direct, you open the program and everything speaks for itself.

Cheers!

Maarten

You will get a variety of opinions and I have used both and AS in its various iterations.  I believe they Opus and ASN both do a great job depicting weather, however in the end I feel it comes down to preference/options.  I have tested both, however I really like Opus's DHM and how it ties into the turbulence model so I have stuck with it.  I fly the PMDG 777 a lot so the advantage there is ASN has is the weather radar..... both interface with the winds import.  So it comes down to what options you like for me, try both and see which one you like, I think they both do an excellent job at rendering weather.  All the graphical goodies are produced by REX 4 Direct (Highly Recommended).

LW