Sign in to follow this  
Bradner

ATC voice not working!

Hallo. My problem is that after some days i installed editvoicepack and then i unistalled it. From then the ATC is not working! 

I entered into the ATC folder and deleted all the files. Then i did a repair to FSX and acceleration pack. The files were came back there, but the problem with the ATC still there. 

I also found this

If you encounter any problems with EditVoicepack or the Flight Simulator ATC the first step is to restore the original Flight Simulator voicepack. The following procedure is for the English version of Flight Simulator Deluxe, and file names might be different in other versions - if you have problems following the instructions, please post on the support forum.

1. Locate the folder "~/Sound/ATC" (where ~ represents the folder you installed Flight Simulator in).
  2. Delete all the files in the folder, but leave the directory.
  3. Insert Flight Simulator DVD 1.
  4. Open the file D1Feat~6.cab on the DVD
  5. Copy the largest file in the cab file to "~/Sound/ATC"
  6. Rename the file to "USEnglishBig.gvp".

I did it but nothing. Do you have any ideas how can i fix it?

It's probably worth checking that your setting for Voice sounds in FSX settings is still set to a valid sound device and at a sensible level. Just possible that if you started FSX with an empty Sound\ATC folder that it reset those values.

Those are the defaults. Not sure whether that will work or not on your setup. Assuming you are hearing all other sounds (are you ?), suggest you set Voice to the same as Sounds and see if that works.

Better still to set Sounds and Voice explicitly to your main sound device though.

Yes all other sounds are working.

The problem is not only that I cant hear the ATC but also that I cannot use it!

All these happened after editvoicepack!

When you say you can't use ATC, what exactly do you mean ? In other words:

1. Can you open the ATC window ?
  2. Does the ATC window have options in it ?
  3. Can you select the ATC options (by mouse click or number) ?

If the answer to these questions is Yes. Then what happens if you select Show Message Log in General Settings ? Do you see the  ATC message text (from pilot and tower) displayed in the ATC window when you select an ATC option ?

If the answer to this is Yes, what happens if you now select Use a Pilot Voice in General Settings ? Do you hear the 'pilot' speak the ATC responses when you select an ATC option ?

And one last question - could you please list the current contents of your FSX\Sound\ATC folder, with file sizes.

1. Yes i can open the atc window.

2. Yes it has.

3. N o i cant select the options in atc window! 

I will post photos of my ATC Sounds folder! 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eyytok7lowk9wg6/%CE%9A%CE%B1%CF%84%CE%B1%CE%B3%CF%81%CE%B1%CF%86%CE%AE.PNG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5p0mkbnqxpwtu6b/%CE%9A%CE%B1%CF%84%CE%B1%CE%B3%CF%81%CE%B1%CF%86%CE%AE1.PNG

Ah - sorry, I didn't understand that from your previous posts. That's a much bigger problem.

The USEnglishBig.gvp file in your Sounds\ATC folder looks correct (size and date). What I'm not sure about is whether the ASOS sub folder should be there at all. I thought that was created by EVP, but I may be wrong - maybe someone reading this who does not have EVP installed could check their system and confirm ? Or you could take a copy of the ASOS sub folder and then delete it to see if it makes any difference. If it doesn't, put it back.

Beyond that, I don't think I can offer much help. I have EVP on three FSX systems and no problems. But then again I've never uninstalled it (I'm guessing few people have). I was just re-reading your first post and see you deleted all the files from the Sound\ATC  folder - I assume you uninstalled EVP from the Control Panel first ? If not, then it (or parts of it) may still be active on your system.

I'm very much afraid you may be looking at a re-install, unless you have your system backed up somewhere (always a good plan). Did you try EVP support ? I think the site is still valid:

http://www.editvoicepack.com/

I dont believe that ASOS folder causes any problem because i deleted it and i dod a repair from the CD of FSX and the folder was there again! 

So i will contact with the support forum of edit voicepack and we ll see! 

In order that FSX needs to be reinstalled, can you guide me on how to completely uninstall it? I want a fresh install! 

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a87/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-fsx

It's a little late to ask this but what was the reason to uninstall EVP?  What would be the concequences of just reinstalling EVP to see if it brings back the ATC voices?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Hallo. My problem is that after some days i installed editvoicepack and then i unistalled it. From then the ATC is not working! 

I entered into the ATC folder and deleted all the files. Then i did a repair to FSX and acceleration pack. The files were came back there, but the problem with the ATC still there. 

I also found this

If you encounter any problems with EditVoicepack or the Flight Simulator ATC the first step is to restore the original Flight Simulator voicepack. The following procedure is for the English version of Flight Simulator Deluxe, and file names might be different in other versions - if you have problems following the instructions, please post on the support forum.

1. Locate the folder "~/Sound/ATC" (where ~ represents the folder you installed Flight Simulator in).
  2. Delete all the files in the folder, but leave the directory.
  3. Insert Flight Simulator DVD 1.
  4. Open the file D1Feat~6.cab on the DVD
  5. Copy the largest file in the cab file to "~/Sound/ATC"
  6. Rename the file to "USEnglishBig.gvp".

I did it but nothing. Do you have any ideas how can i fix it?

Use a program called Vpedit found in the FS2004 SDK to listen to all the sounds in your USEnglishBig.gvp file to make sure it is valid. You might have a missing or corrupted USEnglishBig.gvp. Bob.

hai ,

i can hear backgound sound<winds and airplane .et> but without "mine" sound in ATC!

i am sure my both ***.gvp files is OK!

so i go to     Contorl  Panel-->Haedware and Sound-->Sound

select a playback which in use right now,go to it's Properties,at  Enhancements tab,

make sure the Disable all sound sffects is unchek!

i hope it woulld help you !sorry for my poor speaking!

Try In Windows:
Start - control panel - hardware and devices - sound - communications tab
select: "Do Nothing"

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool: