Sign in to follow this  
Guest buzzard34

Cape Air To Get ATR-42s Inside Info!

Guest B1900 Mech

I talked today to some buddys of mine (mechanics at Cape Air) Who happened to be upstairs at my hanger at the C-AIR training offices reciving ATR training. They will be taking over Continental Micronesia routes at Guam. The a/c that will be at KHYA for training will be in Cape Air colors, (I will get photos!) Then they will be in CO livery on pacific routes. If they come into my market this summer (Colgan Air) I might have to roll my tool box across the ramp.:-( Thats all I know at this time, except that the a/c is in the paint shop,and is headed our way. Talk about full circle, I worked some of these aircraft in the early 90s when I was at BarHarbour- Continental Airlines.

Guest tcable

It'll be a real pain to get them back to HYA for maintinance from Guam :)I didn;t even know that Mike had ATR's or props. I was under the impression that they were all Boeing there.

I saw that in the World Airline Fleet News. It just showed an ATR-42-300 from Express Jet, being leased to Cape Air by Continental. I was wondering what that was all about.

BobK

Guest buzzard34

Continental Express is getting rid of all turboprop a/c in favor of all jet fleet made of EMB-135/7s and 145/145xp. The turbos will be sold to codeshare airlines like capeair and Skywest. I know all this becuz my mom works for Continental;D