Sign in to follow this  
EpicWin

FSX Blurred terrain in distance

so after months of trying and months of searching on many boards, i decided to write here.. 

Problem: basicaly, situation, flying in altitude (30 000ft) and if you swich to external view and look around, you will see blured terain. but under your plane its sharp and very nice. In some screenshots i see that some people dont have this issue (or photoshop?) so.. here is picture

mip.jpg

only thing that will remove the blurynes from FSX is MIPBIAS. but well.. then its a bit.. well.. weird? 

i tried almost everything but never solved this one.. 

here is my fsx.cfg 

http://pastebin.com/C6vn0g48

yeah, and i tried to delete and create new fsx.cfg and it didnt helped (same as full windows reinstall)

So.. yeah.. if anybody ever solved this, or have any tips to atleast reduce it (i alread have LOD_RADIUS=6.5) please, share your tweaks and tips.. Thank you  ^_^

Try setting your LOD_RADIUS to 6..500000 (you can go higher but risk fsx crashing more often - I actually use 8.5 for photoscenery and 6.5 for default and ORBX).  I note your cfg has defaulted back to 4.5

your FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.10 also seems a little low.  I've had mine up and over 1.0, though anything much more than 0.7 does seem to hit performance.  Try perhaps 0.4 or 0.5.

To be fair, at high altitudes, scenery does seem to blur in the distance whatever your settings are, but you will notice the effect of the above two entries lower down.

MIP bias can sharpen things but sometimes at the expense of performance and twinkling.

IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

thanks, i will try the FFTF and we'll see.. LOD_RADIUS i already set to 6.5 seems that problably something lowered it.. 

It will default back to 4.5 every time you touch the sliders, so you need to reset manually in the cfg.

I never use the sliders for this reason and adjust everything directly in the cfg.

IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)