Sign in to follow this  
dksmith

MAAM DC3 install problems

I am returning to flight sim after some time absent and have encountered a problem with the installation of my MAAM DC3 into FS2004.  At one time I had it working, but I am now using a different computer with MS Win7 as the operating system.  After the install I get the message that it has installed successfully, but I can't find the airplane in the hanger.  Any help would be appreciated.

I am not sure I can be of any help, but I have the MAAM DC-3 working in FS2004 and FSX...I guess I got lucky.  The first thing I would check is the airplane folder in 2004 and see if it is there.  If you installed FS2004 in a different directory than the default (recommended) then did you direct the installer to that directory.  Do a search and see where it ended up if you can't find it.  Let us know what you find. Unfortunately there isn't much activity here, but this is one fine airplane and if you use "beam" for navigation you can fly back in the 40's...Good luck

I am still unable to find the MAAM DC3 in my MFS9 aircraft hangar.  At the end of installation I get the message that the installation was successful, but no airplane.  I am perplexed.  I am using Windows 7.  I have had it installed under an earlier operating system, on an older machine, but that machine is now long gone.

Sounds to me that your downloaded file has become corrupt.

One last possibility you can try installing as Administrator?

Edited by G7USL

Dave Taylor gb.png

Just a thought... if you have a 64bit windows, there will be 2x program directories. Have a look in both. Maybe it installed into another program file directory. 

Or, try installing into a 'new folder'on your desktop, then move the files over.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond...