Sign in to follow this  
Sportsfan23

Feelthere RJ145 questions

So I have been using this plane a lot recently and keep coming across this same issue when getting ready to land. I use PFPX for my routes I save them to FSX and then load the route from the flight planner in FSX so that I can load it from the FMS. 

On approach I would say 1 or two way points before the runway the plane will most times just start turning towards the runway. There is no possible way the plane can land and I get a message from the FMS saying flight path angle too steep or something. My question is why doesn't the plane fly to all the waypoints? Why is it deciding to bypass like 1 or 2 of them and make a nose dive for the runway?

Now I asked before about when to active the approach mode. I am wondering if I should switch from FMS to NAV mode prior to the final way point? I have been staying on FMS mode until the final way point when I then switch to NAV mode and activate the approach button. This works sometimes but other times it doesn't and I can't figure out why it doesn't work all the time. I have NAV 1 and NAV 2 set to the ILS frequency, I adjust the CRS button to be the ILS course for the runway, Flaps at 22 this should allow the RJ 145 to do a CAT 2 landing.

Also something else I just noticed. For some reason now in the FMS when picking approaches the type of approach isn't spelled out anymore. It used to say ILS 15R. Now it says I 15R and I am assuming that is an ILS approach. There are like 1 letter abbreviations now before the type of approach. I did just update the navigraph data so maybe that is what changed that? 

Sounds like there are discontinuities in the FMS flightplan.  When you load the approach, the waypoints don't insert themselves, you have to help them. 

Sounds like there are discontinuities in the FMS flightplan.  When you load the approach, the waypoints don't insert themselves, you have to help them. 

Maybe I am misunderstanding but doesn't loading a PFPX flight plan in FSX include all the waypoints? I always load the approach before takeoff and I make sure there are no discontinuity in the flight plan. 

The problems you describe are not typical. Suggest create a flight plan as you usually do in PFPX - confirm the problem occurs - then create the same flight plan in the basic FSX flight planner and see what happens.

Hans Soule