Sign in to follow this  
CaptainKorhonen

No activation window

I remember reading somewhere on the forums that the plane can be installed and activated on up to 2 computers at the same time. I tried installing it on my laptop, however, I ran into some trouble:

On the first install, everything seemed fine, but despite having been activated successfully, there was no landing gear or PFDs (I think this is the anti piracy system kicking in, right?). So I uninstalled the plane via Windows Control Panel, removed all of its files from the FSX folder, deleted its entries from the dll.xml file, and removed the fsx.cfg file. Then I started FSX to make sure all the changes took place - so far everything seemed to work as expected.

Then I reinstalled the plane. Once I fired up FSX again, it asked me whether it should load the various .dll files it needs. I clicked "yes" on all of them. After selecting the T7 from the menu, it asked to load one or two more .dll files. I know it's supposed to show the activation window when the plane is selected for the first time, but it did not. I've tried reinstalling multiple times but still can't get the thing activated. Everything worked brilliantly when I installed it on the first computer (my main gaming rig).

TL;DR: Activation window won't show up despite several reinstalls. Halp.

Running Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit with UAC disabled.

CK

Additional information / shameful self bump (as I'm not sure whether the original post and/or this whole thread is visible to others):

So I just noticed that I had accidentally installed FSX in C:\Program Files, and though it might be a permission problem. So I uninstalled everything (I followed the PMDG clean install guide), reinstalled both FSX and the 777, but I'm still not getting the activation window, and the plane is still messed up.

I've been googling a bit, and apparently once you have entered the activation key once, you can reinstall the plane (on the same computer, of course) as many times as you want and it should still work just fine. This leads me to believe that something must have caused the activation to fail as this is not the case. Could this be caused by the fact that my FSX installation was in the wrong place as I loaded the plane for the first time?

Is there any way to completely remove the activation from this computer so that I could enter the key again? Should I file a support ticket to PMDG?

CK