Sign in to follow this  
estokes

Computer For Fsx: Questions

Hi All-

New to the avsim forums, so If I'm posting in the wrong place or I did something stupid let me know! Anyways, all my flight simming is on XP10 on a MacBook Pro, which is fine. However I decided that I would like to purchase FSX as I have been paticularaly attracted to PMDG products, and the simulation experience on FSX seems to be quite a bit more immersive in FSX then in X-Plane. I need a PC that could run add ons such as the PMDG 777 and NGX, FSDT and Aerosoft Sceneries, ASN, with good frames. (around 20-25ish) I am on the move quite a bit and a laptop would probably suit be best. After reading last months issues of PC Pilot I came across the Tiger Moth laptop, designed for FSX. (http://www.chillblast.com/Chillblast-Tiger-Moth-Flight-Sim-Laptop.html) According to PC Pilot the laptop preformed excellent. Would anyone care to enlighten me if the computer would be able to run the add ons mentioned with sufficient frames? Thanks in advance!

Ethan

Sounds quite good to me. I would most likely go for the option with the fastest CPU (I think it was 3.8GHz). If you can (and want to) afford that extra money you will most likely not regret it.

But pelase don't put too much weight on only my vote, I'm not that much a computer tech expert ;)

Nothing beats a powerful desktop PC with a large monitor and proper flight controls. However, that will be more costly. If you want a small laptop to run FSX, it should do it quite nicely.

Randall