Sign in to follow this  
HiFly

C Skylane 182RG II enroute throttle cutout!

Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place.  I couldn't find an exact forum for my model.  It is circa 2009 but for FSX and it is the normal aspirated model.

My first flight was without incident.  I was all thumbs trying to locate the screens I needed while enroute but all in all it was a successful flight and good landing. 

However, on my second flight while enroute at 9000 ft, level flight the throttle suddenly cut back to idle by itself.  All gauges showed in the green and I was not in cloud.  All attempts to increase to full throttle resulted in it automatically cutting back to idle again.  I tried with autopilot engaged/ GPS tracking and and also with manual flying.  The mixture was leaned properly for the flight.  The Fuel was on both tanks and showed 1/2 full in each.  The flight was perfectly normal for the first hour at cruise.  There was no sudden change in weather.  I find nothing in the manuals related to this.  The autopilot doesn't have auto-throttle capability and I have no scenery issues (clocking 60-110 fps) with smooth flight and no turbulence.   I tried with fuel booster pumps on...no luck.  Tried Carb heat (even though no moisture present) and it still cut back to idle the minute I released the throttle control.  I was flying with 2D panel.

I hope I have given enough data so that someone can diagnose my problem.  I cannot imagine what is going on.  I have 100's of hours in the RW model and never heard of such a thing.  There is nothing other than my hand that controls the throttle in the RW model!   Is this just a bug in the simulation?   I did a search of the Carenado forums and could find nothing similar. 

I am submitting this here first rather than in support hopefully to get a faster response.   Any help or redirection will be greatly appreciated.

Craig

Although you say you tried carb heat it sure sounds like you have encountered  FSX's Carburetor Icing effect. Unfortunately all piston aircraft in FSX are subject to this effect when flying near or below freezing outside air temperatures and there is no fix that I am aware of.

Just hit the "H" key to activate the carburetor heat and  power should be restored very quickly.

Hope that helps.

Jesse

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals