Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jarhead565

My First Transatlantic Flight

After many, many years of doing flights on FSX, I never managed to attempt a transatlantic flight. After getting the PMDG 777 last year, I finally decided to give it a whirl. 

I successfully completed a flight from JFK to LHR in the PMDG 777 earlier tonight. I did speed up the sim rate at cruise to 8X to help speed things up. I am a simmer who loves the in depth systems of the 777 and the planning that goes into a flight this length. 

I will be doing many more transatlantic flight in the future! Maybe I'll have to try LAX to SYD, too!

Sounds like you have a great flight!  Just be careful with the sim rate settings.  I have seen a lot of individuals crashing FSX with a sim rate over 4x's especially if the trip is long.  One of our AVSIM members (and a Moderator) has developed an outstanding utility called Quantum Leap that allows you to avoid the hassles of accelerated flights.  You can get it in the AVSIM Library - http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=179703 (remember you have to sign in first).

Apologize for going a little off topic but just wanted to pass on a friendly reminder that we have changed our signature policy again and we are kindly asking everyone to please put their system specs and flight sim information in their respective "My Profile". Our signature policy is under the Forums tab above.  I see you have set up profiles so you just need to remove the info from your signature.  Thanks for your cooperation.

Best regards,