Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

s0cks

DHM causing unresponsive controls and odd AP behaviour!

I recently went back to FSX DX10 (after originally using P3Dv2 and Opus which worked fine) and have found that with DHM enabled the controls can often become unresponsive, and by that I mean that I have to move the joystick right to the very edge of it's travel before the plane will respond - it feels as though there is a massive deadzone. When I turn DHM off, or switch to an external view, then the controls go back to normal.

I have a hunch that this is something to do with FSUIPC as that is what I use for my controls to circumvent the Windows 8 joystick issues. But then again it worked fine with P3Dv2.

Also, I found the autopilot has trouble controlling the plane in these instances too. I notice that the plane starts heading off course and it's not until a few moments later the AP finally turns back on course in a rather abrupt manner. It's like the AP is also struggling with a massive deadzone so cannot make minor adjustments.

In both cases, disabling and then enabling DHM again solves the issue, but it does tend to manifest itself again later on in the flight. Very odd.

Would love to get it working reliably as DHM adds some much needed immersion in to FSX - helps it to feel like you are actually flying.

You must adjust the Bump Aircraft DOF and Delay settings in your DHM dialogs to something that is more acceptable for your aircraft sim and system.

Try lowering the DOF to 2 or 1 and for each DOF settings try increasing the Delay factor.

DHM will always work perfectly fine, its just the Bump Aircraft option some systems cannot handle.

Stephen :smile: