Sign in to follow this  
Best

Load save flight question

I'm having difficulty loading a saved flight. It takes a long time to load and the fsx icon sits on the lower left taskbar. When I click on it nothing happens. Anyone have an answer for this?

George Lee

Asus Maximus Hero IX Motherboard, Intel i7 6700K CPU, Geforce GTX 1080, Corsair 16Gb memory, Corsair case, Corsair PSU

Hello George,  I don't know how loading a saved flight has got anything to do with the fsx  icon being on the taskbar.  With the icon on the task bar you would right click it and select run as administrator to activate FSX, thereafter there is no real need to go near it again.   More info is required re your problem  about saved flight.  Best I can do.

When you start fsx a icon appears on the taskbar, always. I am loading a saved flight. After it finishes loading, all I see is my desktop. The fsx screen disappears. I can here the flight but when I cllick on the icon from the taskbar to try to open the screen it doesn't work. When I right click the icon a menu pops up to close the window. This has been going on for awhile so I would like to load my saved flights successfully.

George Lee

Asus Maximus Hero IX Motherboard, Intel i7 6700K CPU, Geforce GTX 1080, Corsair 16Gb memory, Corsair case, Corsair PSU

When you start fsx a icon appears on the taskbar, always. I am loading a saved flight. After it finishes loading, all I see is my desktop. The fsx screen disappears. I can here the flight but when I cllick on the icon from the taskbar to try to open the screen it doesn't work. When I right click the icon a menu pops up to close the window. This has been going on for awhile so I would like to load my saved flights successfully.

Hi, George,

So it sounds like the flight is loading, you just find yourself outside of the FSX window and you can't get back in.

A couple of things:

1) are you using alt-tab to get into the FSX window?

2)  If that doesn't work, try opening the task manager (Ctrl-Alt-Del) and then alt-tabbing into the task manager followed by alt-tabbing into FSX

3)  If you are loading the saved flight by clicking on the name of the saved flight in an explorer window, try loading it from the opening window of FSX instead.

4) Make sure your display resolution in Windows and your display resolution in FSX are the same.

5) I am guessing you are using Windows 7 -- try shutting of Aero, a display feature.

Hope this helps!

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

You are correct, Sir. Answer #4 corrected the problem. Perhaps you can tell me why the resolution has to be the same. Thanks

George Lee

You are correct, Sir. Answer #4 corrected the problem. Perhaps you can tell me why the resolution has to be the same. Thanks

Hi, George,

I don't know the technical reason.  I use a laptop for FSX and, when I plug in a monitor with a lower resolution, FSX just hangs with a black screen when I load a flight -- either a saved one or a new one.  The resolution setting is the culprit.  The resolution of FSX seems to be higher than the monitor when this happens. My external monitor has a somewhat lower resolution than my built-in screen.  So when I go back from my (lower resolution) external monitor to the (higher resolution) built in screen, FSX doesn't hang if I forget to reset the FSX resolution.  

Glad to help!

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2