Sign in to follow this  
slimfly

Not able to import flightplans after reinstall

After reinstall I no longer can see any flightplans in the FMC to load - not even the tutorial flight. NOTHING!

Previously I made a flightplan through FSCommander with SID's - EKCHLOWW - which turned up perfectly in the FMC. Along with this was also the tutorial flight ready to be executed.

So what happened during the reinstall? - or rather not happened maybe - when this obstacle now occurs?

In order to possibly help out the halting process...from where exactly do PMDG actually pickup the flightplans for import?!

None of my relevant folders or subfolders are restricted - they all have read/write rights for 'ALL'..!   

Phillip Seedorff

Setup:
ASUS PRIME Z370-P i9 9900K 16GB-DDR4 nVidia RTX4070TI Win10 64 1909 PRO1863 USB earphones Artic7 Steel3 and s/pdif opt.7.1 surround Denon amp P3DV5.4/MSFS  ASP/ASCA ProATC/X  AIGAIM-OCI  Multimonitor setup

After reinstall I no longer can see any flightplans in the FMC to load - not even the tutorial flight. NOTHING!

Previously I made a flightplan through FSCommander with SID's - EKCHLOWW - which turned up perfectly in the FMC. Along with this was also the tutorial flight ready to be executed.

So what happened during the reinstall? - or rather not happened maybe - when this obstacle now occurs?

In order to possibly help out the halting process...from where exactly do PMDG actually pickup the flightplans for import?!

Hi, Phillip,

You probably overwrote all the flight plans when you reinstalled.  The PMDG 777 flight plans are located in ...Flight Simulator X/PMDG/Flightplans/777.  Some may be one level up in Flightplans.  There is no tutorial flight plan, AFAIK, unless you saved it after you entered it manually into the FMC.  I haven't done an uninstall/reinstall but probably the uninstall removes the entire FSX/PMDG folder. 

If you saved a plan for PMDG using Flightsim Commander, it should have saved an FSC version of the plan in a subfolder of FSC, ... FS Commander/Flightplan/FSC.  It should still be there since it wouldn't be affected by a PMDG reinstall.  You can just open the FSC version and save it as a PMDG plan and it should go to the right folder (it's better to save it without SIDs and STARs).

Hope this helps!

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hi, Phillip,

You probably overwrote all the flight plans when you reinstalled.  The PMDG 777 flight plans are located in ...Flight Simulator X/PMDG/Flightplans/777.  Some may be one level up in Flightplans.  There is no tutorial flight plan, AFAIK, unless you saved it after you entered it manually into the FMC.  I haven't done an uninstall/reinstall but probably the uninstall removes the entire FSX/PMDG folder. 

If you saved a plan for PMDG using Flightsim Commander, it should have saved an FSC version of the plan in a subfolder of FSC, ... FS Commander/Flightplan/FSC.  It should still be there since it wouldn't be affected by a PMDG reinstall.  You can just open the FSC version and save it as a PMDG plan and it should go to the right folder (it's better to save it without SIDs and STARs).

Hope this helps!

Mike

Hi Mike

Thanks for your answer!

However things has now been sorted fully out here!

After updating FSCommander from 9.4 to 9.5.1 and implementing the newest AIRAC cycle 1405 into FSC and PMDG, legal routes now show up in the T7 FMC! - and that is in fact BOTH routes with and without included SID/STARS created from inside FSC..!! :wink:

Phillip Seedorff

Setup:
ASUS PRIME Z370-P i9 9900K 16GB-DDR4 nVidia RTX4070TI Win10 64 1909 PRO1863 USB earphones Artic7 Steel3 and s/pdif opt.7.1 surround Denon amp P3DV5.4/MSFS  ASP/ASCA ProATC/X  AIGAIM-OCI  Multimonitor setup