Sign in to follow this  
gfd

CYYZ Terminal Buildings

Greetings

I hope someone can help me out with this.

I wanted to fly out of CYYZ (default) after not being there for awhile. When I started a flight there, I noticed that all of the terminal buildings were gone. The jetways are there; and it appears that all of the other buildings are as well.

I've been flailing around trying to find the answer. Here's what I've done...don't laugh:

-searched for any bgl files containing cyyz and changed extension. There were files in MyTraffic, Orbx and AES.

-ran the stand alone Addon Manager from FSDreamTeam.

-installed a downloaded freeware addon for CYYZ. That got the terminal buildings back (Terminal 1 and 3). The addon had purposely eliminated Terminal 2

as it has been closed. OK...but the Terminal 2 jetways were still there.

-the buildings appear to be gone. I taxied through what should have been a terminal and then to test, crashed into a tree.

Here are my scenery addons:

-MyTraffic X 5.4b

-FS Global Mesh

-Orbx FTX Global

-Orbx Global Vector

-Orbx NA Blue Pacific Northwest

-Orbx NA Blue Northern Rockies

-all Orbx NA Freeware airports

-Simaddons: CYTZ, CYYC, CYOW, CYHZ

-FSDreamTeam: CYVR, KLAX, KLAS, KJFK

-FlyTampa: CYUL, KTMP

-ImagineSim: KATL

-FlightBeam: KIAD, KDEN

I only included North American airports. I have a few in Europe.

If I have to reinstall everything, I will. But I would rather not. Any and all help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Graham

I do apologize for bumping my own post. I couldn't see where to edit the OP.

I think I found a solution to my problem, laid out in the OP. After trying everything I could think of, I deleted the Scenery and Texture folders in my FSX installation. I then copied the Scenery and Texture folders from a backup I did in late January. I used that backup, as at the time, I only had mesh and MyTraffic installed; the thinking being that maybe I hadn't yet mucked up the show, and corrupted the airport(s).

When I restarted FSX it not only rebuilt the scenery indexes, but it also showed a note that it was rebuilding the Airport Cache. I've never experienced that before (the cache). Anyway...I got CYYZ back. It's only the default version, but at least it's there. Please note that I didn't touch the Addon Scenery folder or any 3rd party scenery folders.

I would appreciate any comments, guidance and/or dope slaps in response to the solution. It was a shot in the dark. If it was the correct approach, I'd like to know for future reference. If the wrong approach, I'd like to learn from my mistake. What I don't know is if 3rd party scenery makes entries in the default FSX scenery/texture folders. If so, I may have corrupted an addon.

Any/all replies are most appreciated.

Graham

Mytraffic installs CYYZ in it's scenery folder, did you remove that bgl ? I remove all afcads that come with MTX5.4, so I don't have the hassle of double afcads.

Glad your back up and running Graham

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Thanks for the reply Badfinger. As part of my attempt to solve the issue, I changed the extension on all bgl's referring to CYYZ. What I'd like to know is if I switch off bgl's that refer to an airport (except the airport itself), what am I harming? I am thinking about MyTraffic, Orbx(Global, Vector, Regions), etc; who have bgl's for almost every airport in the sim. Should any bgl that refers to an airport, except those in the airport's folders; be turned off? I am thinking that the AES bgl's need to stay. I assume they are used so that AES can find it's way around the airport.

Thanks

Graham

Shutting off (removing or renaming the bgll extentiotion) will render the afcad inactive.

Dennis DeFranco did a version of CYYZ for fs9 that works well in FSX. It can be downloaded on a few other sites (I do not think it is on Avsim any longer).

Thanks altstiff. I take your point. I am getting acquainted with turning off bgl files.

I am wondering about side effects:

-if I turn off all bgl files referencing airports in Mytraffic. Does the program care as long as its traffic bgl's are left alone?

-if I turn off all bgl files referencing add on airports in FTX Global, Global Vector, etc. Is it a case of turn it off and wait for consequences?

By the way altsiff, thanks for the tip on DeFranco.

In MyTraffic the main reason the BGLs are there is to add more parking spaces for more AI airplanes to occupy (it may add new runways or navaids but I am not 100% sure on that or how accurate the AFCADS they include are). The only side effect of everting back to the default AFCAD will be less AI at the airport.

Turning MT AFCADS off will only revert the sim to seeing the default airport again.

I do not have FTX so I am not 100% sure how that works, if they have moved the airport to a new location or added their own library file buildings and so on.

You can always try and see what happens (I usually just rename the extension, for example CYYZ_AFCAD.BGL to CYYZ_AFCAD.BAK of CYYZ_AFCAD.OFF). This way if it has ill effects you can always rename to BGL again and turn it back on.

Thanks for the info.