Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

ORBX regions and P3D Mesh settings...

Folks, I do believe that all ORBX custom mesh is scaled to 5m.  Is there any reason then to set MESH to the highest setting of 1m?

Do you pick up anything past 5m for ORBX stuff, or is going higher, simply a waste of system and G-card resources?

What do you think?

What do you think?

I do not know, but I'll quote the developer of their upcoming CYSE airport from a post today at their forums:

"These shots are taken at 1 meter mesh resolution, much finer than the recommended 5 meter. The result is a smoother look for the sharp terrain transitions."

LINK

I do not know, but I'll quote the developer of their upcoming CYSE airport from a post today at their forums:

"These shots are taken at 1 meter mesh resolution, much finer than the recommended 5 meter. The result is a smoother look for the sharp terrain transitions."

LINK

Oh...ok...thanks!  So, even if it is in the Placebo possibilities with 5m mesh-built Orbx (as I understand it...could be wrong...) I'll continue with 1 meter.  I'm in a flight between KFNT and CYTZ (Toronto City Centre)...and it will be harder and harder to press FSX instead of P3D at start-up.  This morning, heading east...under ASN, is the most real flying environment ever to be seen by myself in a computer flight sim.  It is simply stunning....the HDR lighting up the clouds bodies...I have SHADOWS at 'High', with everything ticked for 'Lighting'...and still maintaining 27-30 FPS...which to me...is very amazing, with what is happening and being rendered upon the screen.  Disney  Magic Show, for sure!!!

P3D...ROCKS!

Totally converted, Mitch'er 

You can just leave Mesh resolution at 1M, because if your scenery mesh is less then 1M (like 5M) there is no performance difference from setting it at 1M or at 5M. 

The only performance hit is when your scenery is actually 1M.

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

You can just leave Mesh resolution at 1M, because if your scenery mesh is less then 1M (like 5M) there is no performance difference from setting it at 1M or at 5M. 

The only performance hit is when your scenery is actually 1M.

Not totally correct. Best read this thread.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/78840-bad-installation-of-05s-veronica-due-to-wrong-central-setting/#entry722582

Spirit