Sign in to follow this  
gustavmahler

ATC can't hear me-i can hear them

At the first two minutes the atc heard what i said and then they coudn;t hear me. Now everytime i start FSinn they can't hear me. I tried many different PTT buttons but it's not the problem..

Update: i cant transmit from the remote PC-in the first 20 minutes or so i can, and then i stops transmitting. Plz help!

Ok, we're going to need a LOT more information to help you. 

It's possible that the problem isn't on your end, but a VATSIM voice server going wonky.  Have you tried a different area?

Be sure to tune your microphone in Windows, and if you're using a headset then the microphone should always be 1 inch away from your mouth to prevent over modulation.

Are you using a wireless headset?  If so, be sure it's fully charged.  Wireless headsets are not really the best way to go, I've known several people who had to dump them.

You said "Remote PC", so I'm guessing your running FSINN on a second PC.  Try using the voice from the same PC running flight sim and see if that works.

If the remote PC is connected to your network wirelessly, then you may be having a latency issue.  Better to run with both PCs connected via a cable. If both PCs are connected wirelessly, then you're likely having a latency issue.

Hope this helps.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

If you're flying the PMDG 777, then you need to turn up your 'mic' switch to be heard.

I run a remote FSInn setup. When things go wrong:

1) check the sound mixer in windows

2) Enable to 'hear' your own voice as a test, that the mic and headset is working

3) Try switching the sounds devices around in the FS Co Pilot Control panel.