Sign in to follow this  
denali

Multi-monitor (dual, triple, etc) Stretch/Fisheye Distortion Fix

Once I know what resolution you're at I can give you the adjustments.

Denali, what adjustments for 3 X 1920X1200, at about 6000X1200?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Sorry, I had crashed, slept for a few hours.

I don't know why the colors are all funky.  Compression should not affect color.  I wonder if there is still something wrong with the code.

I think I'm going to have to get that installer made.

For 3x 1920 x 1200 I would increase the vertical by maybe 400 - 600.  You can type in the box, not just use the dropdown.  Centering the view for your screen may be broken with that ahk script though.  

There is another program that will do the same thing, screen space lite, http://www.dandeware.com/screenspace/

If you run it and [control][alt][r]  it will show you a view of your screen and outside it, where you can drag P3D for size and coverage.  With AHK I'm trying to make it automated, and open/trustable code,  but like I said, I've assumed (which isn't normal at all for me).   Screen space has a little gui to show you what is going on, somewhat. 

(posted earlier to the wrong thread, heh)

I don't know why the colors are all funky. Compression should not affect color. I wonder if there is still something wrong with the code.

I'm just running the Post Processor, not the AHK yet, at the moment.

Like aheli my screens just go black when I select the AS01 camera.

??

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Thanks for the feedback.  

If you're using a Custom Camera from the context menu (right click) make sure that there are no other shaders in the Camera Effects.

Delete your shader folder. c:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Shaders

It will take a few minutes to rebuild when you start P3D.  See if that helps.

Thanks for the feedback.  

If you're using a Custom Camera from the context menu (right click) make sure that there are no other shaders in the Camera Effects.

Delete your shader folder. c:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Shaders

It will take a few minutes to rebuild when you start P3D.  See if that helps.

I'm using only the AS01 effect.

Deleted Shaders but same black screen.

Have you noticed there is a "WideviewDistortion" PP in the Camera Effects list already?

Reading the coments in it's code it is meant to do distorion correction.

I tried to use it but I get the black screen as well when I do.

I'm using two video cards but not Crossfire/SLI.

gb

Adding the Post-process to a Camera Definition

The final step in displaying the new Post-process within Prepar3D is to add the Post-process to one or more cameras in the Cameras.cfg file in the %APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2 directory. Up to 16 post-process effects can be applied to a single camera, however to achieve the best performance, limit the number used to as few as possible. Add the following line to the camera config: PostProcess00="PostProcessName" where "PostProcessName" is the name of the .xml file without the .xml extension. Subsequent post-processes can be added by setting PostProcess01 - PostProcess15 in the camera config. Note also that these are applied to the rendered image in the order specified. Refer to the Camera Configuration section for more info on setting up cameras.

So, what I did was place a new camara definition at the end of the Cameras.cfg file. This definition is exactly like the VIrtual Cockpit definition, with a new GUID I created, and renamed to "AS Virtual Cockpit". Also two FOV lines are added. Your camera definition number may vary. Please use the same GUID (lets not waste numbers, lol).

LM says, as above, to "add the Post-process to one or more cameras in the Cameras.cfg file in the %APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2 directory"

Is this wrong and they really mean the main P3D folder?

Anyway I added the new AS01 camera to the cameras.cfg in the main P3D folder, camera 19 after existing camera 18.

However it is not showing up in any camera menu listings so I cannot select it.

?

Thanks,

gb.

The Widescreendistortion.psh is an approximation, good guess, and very grainy.  I did many versions of these good guesses and always had some kind of wavy distortion, until I got sick of it and sat down and figured out the math.  Mine uses the exact math needed for the transformation from the tangent plane which is the default view back to the spherical rectangle which is what we want to see.

The view should be selectable by a right click on view,  Cockpit / AS Virtual Cockpit

There is probably something wrong with the shader code, when it is copied and pasted from me, to avsim, then to your file.  The only thing to do I guess is for me to get a file up somewhere.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/csggzxyjx63n6p8/AS01.psh

see if that works to get the shader file.  It's right from my PP folder.

That looks like there is another shader instead of the AS shader.  Working on the size issue.

The view should be selectable by a right click on view, Cockpit / AS Virtual Cockpit

There is probably something wrong with the shader code, when it is copied and pasted from me, to avsim, then to your file. The only thing to do I guess is for me to get a file up somewhere.

https://www.dropbox....63n6p8/AS01.psh

see if that works to get the shader file. It's right from my PP folder.

Ok thanks, the dropbox file worked and I have the screen as in your post #11 above.

I can only add the AS01 PP using the "Manage Camera Views" window.

For some reason the AS Virtual Cockpit option is not showing in the view mode menu list.

I'll try with AHK next.

gb.

That looks like there is another shader instead of the AS shader.  Working on the size issue.

That makes sense. Tried another random shader and ended up whit another result so something goes bananas when i try to select AS01 shader. I don`t have another shader in the menu when saving it, and i have tried to delete the c:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Shaders. 

Okey, got it! Fore some reason i had screwed up the .xml file

This is what it looks like at the moment : https://www.dropbox.com/s/zol9gkcdbm8404v/2014-5-27_11-52-24-923.BMP

Nice!  Now try this.  Some choices in the dropdown for you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x2oc926bvhqhgfy/Prepar3D%20Views.exe

There is some buggyness in P3D when it comes to saving FOV in the Custom Cameras.  You may have to go to Views/Edit Custom Cameras to make sure that the Override checkbox is checked.

I'm wondering if the AS Cockpit View is a choice for you now that you've fixed the XML

I'm using only the AS01 effect.

Deleted Shaders but same black screen.

Have you noticed there is a "WideviewDistortion" PP in the Camera Effects list already?

Reading the coments in it's code it is meant to do distorion correction.

I tried to use it but I get the black screen as well when I do.

I'm using two video cards but not Crossfire/SLI.

gb

LM says, as above, to "add the Post-process to one or more cameras in the Cameras.cfg file in the %APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2 directory"

Is this wrong and they really mean the main P3D folder?

Anyway I added the new AS01 camera to the cameras.cfg in the main P3D folder, camera 19 after existing camera 18.

However it is not showing up in any camera menu listings so I cannot select it.

?

Thanks,

gb.

I added the cam to the camera.cfg in the %APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2 directory and it works fine. 

I may not be able to get to too much more today.  But I plan to work on the fuzzy / grainyness that is seen.  I have an idea about it, but it requires a bit of math again to get more detail out of the original texture

I added the cam to the camera.cfg in the %APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2 directory and it works fine. 

sigh

So far so good :)  

I must be having a issue whit auto hotkey. Not 100 percent sure how to use it. I have v.1.1.15 installed.

I tried the file you just added, but i notice that resize to default dimensions and resize to expand dimensions have the same shortcut; control/win key/space. When i push the two in window mode the image resize, but it want go full screen. When i use the shortcut in the full screen mode nothing happens. Is that last file a replacement for the ahk thing in earlier post or do i need to have autohotkey running when i use the prepar3d views you just provided?   

Nice!  Now try this.  Some choices in the dropdown for you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x2oc926bvhqhgfy/Prepar3D%20Views.exe

There is some buggyness in P3D when it comes to saving FOV in the Custom Cameras.  You may have to go to Views/Edit Custom Cameras to make sure that the Override checkbox is checked.

I'm wondering if the AS Cockpit View is a choice for you now that you've fixed the XML

Yes, you have to go back in and override the fov. Other than that i works fine. 

So basically what happens is that when i push the resize to expanded dimensions i end up whit the cockpit center on the left monitor. Then the right side of the aircraft continues through the center screen and about 20 percent of the right screen. The rest is desktop. 

So perhaps the issue is that it want center. The program seems to think that my left monitor is the center. 

And i cant get the shortcuts to function in full screen mode. 

I managed to get the view stretched out whit screenspace, but the images is like you said very distorted and the view is very close up to the instruments. Guess a little adjustments to the zoom would help. Other than that it helps tremendously on the fish eye effect.