Sign in to follow this  
rodrigosrios

PMDG Code running outside fsx process

Hello Everyone!

I have bought the T7 a couple of months back and since then I have been reading the forums quite avidly. I remember reading that PMDG runs code out of the FSX main process. One of my tweaks to run FSX better is to give it real time priority in the task manager. It works great to avoid stutter and to get textures to load faster. When I read that PMDG runs code outside of FSX I looked in task manager to see if there were any PMDG process going on to set a higher priority too. Unfortunately there are none listed. But now I was wondering if this has something to do with the freezes, I get them quite often in every long flight that I do.  Excuse me the ignorant terminology but maybe isn't it the PMDG code not getting enough CPU time what may cause the freeze? Does anybody know if giving fsx real time priority to CPU would automatically do the same for all PMDG process? If not is there a way to do it? 

Doyou guys think is worth doing some experiments to see if it does have any influence?

Best regards.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Ryan can tell you all about the "fly by software"...thing. You can use that term to search for his post.

Thanks for all the information, very interesting reading! I guess I'll keep using the fsx.exe with real time priority, as it does help the sim improve performance and with Ryan's great detailed explanation I can be sure that it does not bring any side effect to the T7 simulation.

Best regards.