Sign in to follow this  
Lamb

Sound when FSX unfocused

Is there a way to keep  the sound from FSX audible when the FSX window is unfocused?

I use several ancillary programs (EZDOK, Plan-G etc.) and when I use them the FSX sound is lost. 

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=soundstream

Or, if you have Creative soundcard, you can enable FSX via Creative Alchemy application, and you should get sounds when FSX is unfocused. But with my Audigy 2 card this was quite buggy, so you can try that and disable it at any time via Alchemy.

cheers

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Thanks Pe11e

I tried SoundStream but it is not compatible with EZDOK thevery thing I am using that causes the sound to switch off.

I use onboard sound at the moment but will look into creative sound cards. Thanks.

You will not gain much with Creative sound card in FSX (or not at all), and with FSX enabled in Alchemy the sound is quite buggy, probably it is a problem with Alchemy and FSX sound engine, who knows.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

I tried SoundStream but it is not compatible with EZDOK thevery thing I am using that causes the sound to switch off.

I have both and have not had any problem using them together.  Something is amiss.  What problem did you have using them together?

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I had a DLL conflict.  I contacted EZDOK support about it and was informed that the two programs were not compatible by them.

I've been using soundstream and EZDok since day one and they work perfectly together. Your problem is elsewhere I think.

Cheers, Andy.

I had a DLL conflict. I contacted EZDOK support about it and was informed that the two programs were not compatible by them.

How did you determine you had a DLL conflict?  I've had it running on 2 different sim machines now.  Never even thought of them having a problem.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

How did you determine you had a DLL conflict?  I've had it running on 2 different sim machines now.  Never even thought of them having a problem.

Strangely enough I had a windows error quoting the DLL - which was useful.  :wink:  A rare thing in windows, I was quite taken aback! :O

Uninstalling Soundstream made everything work OK.  I had installed soundstream first, and it was when I installed EZDOK that the error occurred.