Sign in to follow this  
Wanthuyr Filho

Big light over a bridge at KTPA

I'm really not sure if this would be a proper place for this kind of question, but I was taxiing to takeoff from KTPA (FlyTampa + FTX + FSX/DX10) and the plane just crashed when I was passing over a bridge that was depicting a big light (perhaps one of those huge street lights from FTX?!), as the light was aside from the bridge, but so close and large that the plane might have hit its wing on it. But was it suposed to be a "hard" object?

BTW, my Scenery Fixer is up to date and working properly.

Anyone else has has this kind of issue?
Thanks.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

that sounds like a crash box which isn't gpu related. Therefore I would say that it isn't a dx10 issue ie I imagine the same would happen with dx9. If this light forms part of the airport then best to ask at the fly tampa support forums , if it's ftx global then their lights can be crashed into, the question would be why is it so close to a taxiway.

Also happend at KLAX, in a similar configuration. It all makes me think that's because a road passes underneath the concerning taxiways. I had to remove those lights, because disabling crash detection makes it so unrealistic to me (I thought it was possible to disable objects crash detection leaving stress damage alone, but it proved not to work). Thanks for you response, Steve!

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto