Sign in to follow this  
Guest Larry_KMSO

Anyone Tried Nuroads 2.0?

Guest PDX Bailey

Having just bought USA Roads, has anyone tried Nuroads 2.0? Would be very curious about your likes or dislikes.

Guest korereactor

Yep, I bought it. Looks awesome for the day textures. I still am not sure what I think of the night textures. So far, USA Roads and Nuroads don't seem to have very impressive night textures, at least not when compared to the file "litroads.zip" by Jimmy Richards. Too bad Jimmy hasn't made some textures compatible with USA Roads. Now that would be awesome. Hear that Jimmy(One Tin Soldier)?

Guest Larry_KMSO

Here's a 109KB jpg showing the NuRoads effect. I think it shows too much traffic for a rural road but that may be a limitation of MS Flight Sim. Also the different colored markings that are intended to give realism and variety to vehicles on the re-paved roads "wash out" at altitudes where I fly most. But again, this may be a limitation of MS FS.I wish MS would adopt the LizardTech's method (or something similar) so that at lower altitudes a higher resolution presentation is auotmatically and seamlessly displayed. I believe Google's KeyHole is using this technology.You can't complain too much about the price, $9 US and it does install and uninstall cleanly.(http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/108128.jpg)

Guest PDX Bailey

How about Nuroads11.zip? This is the free download texture improvement file. Any comments on this appreciated.

Guest Larry_KMSO

The photo above came extracting and then installing the NURoads2.zip file dated 2/21/05 (10,065,331 bytes). I believe this is the most recent file from the payware author? (I assume nuroads2.zip supercedes Nuroads11.zip) Larry

What plane is that? It looks familiar, but I can't place the name.----------------------------------------------------------------John S. MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satillite, Private 130+ hrs.Virtual: MSFS 2004"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

Guest Larry_KMSO

It's a repaint of FSD's Pilatus PC6. I don't know if the paint job mimics any real world aircraft or not. Dominique Klein did the paint job.Larry

Guest frankbergson

>Yep, I bought it. Looks awesome for the day textures. I>still am not sure what I think of the night textures. So far,>USA Roads and Nuroads don't seem to have very impressive night>textures, at least not when compared to the file>"litroads.zip" by Jimmy Richards. Too bad Jimmy hasn't made>some textures compatible with USA Roads. Now that would be>awesome. Hear that Jimmy(One Tin Soldier)?HI:It is difficult to please everyone. I began with brighter lights at night, but reduced them 3 times during beta testing to satisfy the complaints that: 1) The cities looked too much like a grid map pasted over the scenery. 2) In real life, rural roads have little traffic at light and have no light fixtures. 3) Real interstates do not have lighting fixtures between cities. So it all depends how you fly the simulator, and how much you want to "imitate life" Look at the illustration below. These are Rural Farm Roads. http://portal.fsgenesis.net/index.php?name...iewtopic&t=2113At night there would be no Artificial Illumination, and very few cars. On a dark moonless night, you would see no roads at all. The highway running top to bottom on the right of the frame would also have no lighting fixures, except perhaps at the exit ramps. Most of the night hours there would be little traffic with few visible headlamp beams. In order to show some indication of these roads, NuRoads has evenly spaced lighting fixtures. There is a "Puddle" of light around each fixture in which the pavement and markings are illuminated. Occasional headlite "beams" are spaced between the light fixtures. Please see also the Urban ScreenShots in the NuRoads General Discussion Forum http://portal.fsgenesis.net/index.php?name...iewtopic&t=2134 and http://portal.fsgenesis.net/index.php?name...iewtopic&t=2132 One user wrote:Out here in Montana and Wyoming it's pretty dark at night flying around the area. The only lights are in the cities and towns, the interstate rest areas (rare in Montana and some closed in winter) and farm and ranch yard lights. Traffic is generally very light to nearly absent at night except along the major east-west interstates, I-80 in Wyoming and I-90/I-94 in Montana (mostly trucks). So, the lighter (traffic) the better at night for me (and the daytime too!).Your comments are always appreciated. frank bergson