Sign in to follow this  
jhislop

Licensing

Right i'm not sure if this is the right place to post but here goes.

Old PC is dead and buried.  I am getting a new PC in the next day or two and will use this opportunity to upgrade from FS2004 to FSX.  On the previous computer I had/have (the hard drive is still ok)  PMDG 737 600/700 and 747 Queen of the Skies which due to hardware issues (I think) weren't running that well.  Panel going dead on the 747 randomly.

I want to purchase the 747-8i and the 777 for FSX.  Regarding the 747 I am confused as to what I need to purchase.  Looks like the 747-400 base version (X?) then upgrade to 8I? With the 777 will there be an upgrade to the 300 when it is released?

I am hoping to be able to copy the 737 from the old disk into FSX?

Regards

John Hislop

Wellington.NZ

Right i'm not sure if this is the right place to post but here goes.

Old PC is dead and buried.  I am getting a new PC in the next day or two and will use this opportunity to upgrade from FS2004 to FSX.  On the previous computer I had/have (the hard drive is still ok)  PMDG 737 600/700 and 747 Queen of the Skies which due to hardware issues (I think) weren't running that well.  Panel going dead on the 747 randomly.

I want to purchase the 747-8i and the 777 for FSX.  Regarding the 747 I am confused as to what I need to purchase.  Looks like the 747-400 base version (X?) then upgrade to 8I? With the 777 will there be an upgrade to the 300 when it is released?

I am hoping to be able to copy the 737 from the old disk into FSX?

Regards

John Hislop

Wellington.NZ

I would ditch the old 737, buy the NGX and 777X, ignore the 747 for now as a new version coming out soon, and no you will have to purchase the 777-300ER when it is released. As an expansion, probably around $30-40 or so. I don't know if copying stuff from old system is a good idea...

I do believe you need the base version of 747 to purchase the other version of it. Same with 777. I would wait for a better answer, I haven't looked into the 747 at all.

I wouldn't buy 747X QoS, I would wait for 747 v2. Better buy 777 (even if it is going to be more expensive). As for variants, the 777 now has 200LR and 200LRF in it. There will be available 777-300ER shortly.

You cannot use your 737 in FSX, that was FS2002 and FS2004 only product. You will need to buy the NGX.