Sign in to follow this  
Jetset408

Viking Airlines SE-RHR

Hello all

would any painters out there be willing to paint a 737-800 in the colours of the now defunct Viking Airlines? Specifically, SE-RHS would be great. They were a common feature of the British charter airline skies back in c.2011 until the failure of Goldtrail and Kiss Flights ultimately brought them down in another Mr. Wyatt super-special (those who remember XL and TorAir may remember that name too...)

willing to pay if that helps incentivise people :)

Christian Mohr - are you still painting? This has your name all over it!!! (i wish.... Love your NAX pants)

thanks all

Rich

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

Sorry - I meant to add an image:

5342765199_8784d903c3_z.jpg

Rob Bates

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

VikingEngine.jpg

Here's what I've got so far...had to draw this little dude in Photoshop based on a different version of the logo I found online.

Matt Smith

Prepar3D

Update:

I hope I didn't speak too soon on this one! I've completed the tail, but the way the aft fuselage texture mapping is done will make it near impossible to do the blue and orange curves back there in a 100% realistic way. I'll keep trying to get it as close as I can.

Matt Smith

Prepar3D

Matt

Oh wow - thank you so much for even attempting it! Massively grateful to you for your efforts. Best of luck with it!!!

Rich

Rob Bates

Rich;

I had a bit of a breakthrough yesterday and things are coming along better now...one question: is it RHR or RHS that you really want...your original post mentions both?

There are some subtle differences...

If you like eyebrow windows, then RHS is the ticket. If you prefer without then RHR. I can do either, just let me know!

Matt Smith

Prepar3D

Matt - this is really so kind of you. I really appreciate your efforts. People like you are what make Flightsimming a real community hobby. Thank you!

I love your attention to detail. I did realise later on that I had inadvertently put a graphic in with a different registration. I think I would prefer no eyebrow windows (although am not precious either way), so happy for it to be RHR.

I took a great picture of C-FEAK over my head in Skiathos a few years back - that was what made me like this livery.

Thanks again Matt,

Rich

Rob Bates

Rich;

Here she is (SE-RHR)...I think it is finished, but let me know if you see any mistakes. Will try to do the night textures etc. this weekend. I'll send you a PM with a link to download the ptp so you don't have to wait until it is available on the AVSIM library. When I do upload to the library I will probably include SE-RHS also.

RHR1.jpg

RHR2.jpg

RHR3.jpg

Matt Smith

Prepar3D

Wow that looks fantastic. Thank you so much Matt! I am very lucky. I will be looking forward to getting back from holiday and taking that for a spin!

Rob Bates

Christian Mohr - are you still painting? This has your name all over it!!! (i wish.... Love your NAX pants)

Looks like I am a bit late for a bid. :smile:

Nice livery and great job by Matt so far. A few quick notes:

• the curved blue line on the side of the fuselage should stretch a bit further to reach the end of the orange coloured area of the tail.
  • the font of the registration doesn't seem to be the correct one, taking the 'R' for the reference. I'd opt for Arial bold here, looks more correct in my eyes.
  • It's hard to judge from the images but did you use the correct font for the Boeing 737-800 titles?

Keep up the great work!

Looks like I am a bit late for a bid. :smile:

Nice livery and great job by Matt so far. A few quick notes:

• the curved blue line on the side of the fuselage should stretch a bit further to reach the end of the orange coloured area of the tail.
  • the font of the registration doesn't seem to be the correct one, taking the 'R' for the reference. I'd opt for Arial bold here, looks more correct in my eyes.
  • It's hard to judge from the images but did you use the correct font for the Boeing 737-800 titles?
Keep up the great work!
Christian - thanks for the feedback.

If you want to paint this one, go for it! I thought I had read that you weren't taking new projects for awhile and figured this one was within my capability so I gave it a shot.

The font I used for the Boeing 737-800 is called "BOEING-style"...closest thing to the Boeing house font I've found online.

Matt Smith

Prepar3D

Christian - thanks for the feedback.

If you want to paint this one, go for it! I thought I had read that you weren't taking new projects for awhile and figured this one was within my capability so I gave it a shot.

The font I used for the Boeing 737-800 is called "BOEING-style"...closest thing to the Boeing house font I've found online.

Matt, you are welcome!

No worries, I still don't have any intentiones to do start a new project so just keep on going!

The BOEING-Style font is fine, just the reg should be different.

Best regards,

The BOEING-Style font is fine, just the reg should be different.

Roger...I figured out what happened with this.

I started this paint as SE-RHS, which has an "R" that looks a lot more like Helvetica (I had chosen Arial first but it was not right). Then when I found out the OP wanted RHR I just changed the text without double checking the font. You are correct that RHR is much more like Arial.

What airline uses two different registration fonts! LOL The flags are all different places on the two birds also.

Matt Smith

Prepar3D

Great attention to detail from you both. Great job! Really looking forward to this one.

Rob Bates

I changed the font, and added some blue paint back aft.

On a side note I also darkened the wings by 25%...I think it is more accurate than the whiter-looking default wings from the paint kit.

RHR4.jpg

Matt Smith

Prepar3D