Sign in to follow this  
benwalsh1

EZdok not recognizing keyboard

Hello! 

The other day I was preparing for a flight from CYUL-EGLL. I went to adjust my cockpit view by using the default 'NUM2'; but with no response? Then I checked the other keys such as the changing view 'S' and 'A' but again no response. I made sure that the Num Lock was turned on and that the key binds are all correct.

The day before It was working perfectly fine and all my keys are working as normal and next it isn't? 

I've tried a clean install of Ezdok, updated it again and the same issue - 

The only thing that makes it work is when I start FSX, Ezdok starts with it; so when im in the flight deck, I close Ezdok then re-open it manually in its folder, but if I chose to 'show the studio' it happens again and none of my keyboard binds work? Even though they are displayed correctly in the 'define keys and buttons section', also the ones I configured with the joystick still work, so it's a case of Ezdok not realizing I have a keyboard plugged in when I open the studio....

Any help would be greatly appreciated, it's rather annoying having to close and re open it just to adjust a view! 

Regards

Ben

Why are you closing Ezdok and then reopening it manually? Could that be the problem?

I have Ezdok start with FSX and if I want to adjust any view I open the Ezdok studio from the FSX add-ons menu, make the change (using NUM PAD 2), and then click on the FSX screen which automatically hides the Ezdok studio window.

I have never opened Ezdok from its folder.

That's the only way I can get it to respond to keyboard inputs to change views. It used to start with fsx (still does) but now has the issue mentioned above, so I tried opening it manually and that's the only way I've found that it temporally works 

And that's exactly how I used to do it, the same as you; but just today it's started doing this...

Edited by benwalsh1

Ben are you using an affinity mask tweak? I have found that on occasions there are not enough resources in the cores and ezdock keyboard control stops. When I free up one core the control returns.

I am indeed! I'll change it now, then check back and see if it works. 

Sorry for the slow reply, work has gotten the better of me!

Nope! Still not working, even installed and re-downloaded the 1.15 installer then updated to 1.17 again.

Also read to remove the UIautomatedcore.dll on another post, not the issue either....

Ezdok recognizes the keyboard when assigning the keys, as soon as I go to use them they don't work!? 

Baffled ._.

It's always running as admin in the properties section; 'FSX.exe' and just to be sure, I always start it as admin...

no luck!! 

Tried this already, Levada. I'll give it another try!

Fixed it! Followed it again, realised I didnt remove all the files! so after the .exe, manually remove all the ezdok files! Then the Uiautomatedcore! 

Thanks again guys,

really appreciate it!!

Ben