Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bud

RanaInside's Moving Map

Guest Bud

Sorry if these are daft questions but I really like the look of this program. I have a couple of queries - so far! First I have a large number of files for FS Flight Max. The FSMM manual says that these should be *xml files. I've got two files for each of the charts for FSMax - these are *geo and *nos. Do these need conversion in some way to allow them to work with the moving map?My second query is I'd want to use this prog. on a network - can I set it up and simply use Wide FS as I do at the mo' for FSMax or do I need vers 2.8 of FSM?Bud

Guest Bud

EmileI've posted a query on the support forum. Looks like a good site. Thanks for the heads up.Bud

Hi Bud,I d/l the latest FSM I could find (2.7.2 I think), but discovered that things worked fine across my network with Wide FS and no need for FSM. BTW the Moving Map is a real nice addon!

There is some info on NOS/GEO herehttp://www.aeroplanner.com/dev/NosGeo9_21_99.docLooks like it is some kind of proprietary format. However, as far as copyrights go, Aeroplanner probably doesn't own the copyright to the maps so there probably wouldn't be a legal issue if there was a way to convert them to some usable format. Which is probably why they came up with the proprietary format in the first place, to make it difficult to convert to common format.Certainly, any maps produced by the US Government for public domain cannot be copyrighted by Aeroplanner.Of course, I'm not a lawyer.Matt

Guest Bud

Hello UweAs to the legal issue, I'd be astounded if there was a problem with any conversion. I wouldn't think there was any copyright issue here.I continue to use FS Max and continue to be pleased with it. When I saw FSMM I thought maybe I could use FS Max exclusively in its weather radar function and FSMM for charts. My first experiment didn't go terribly well. Somehow managed to invoke the Sharware timeout isse in FSMax; the radar module didn't display anything and couldn't get the charts to load into FSMM. Apart from that, things went well!!!That'll teach me to try to fix things which aint broke.I have used Rana's FSM for some time - it's a great prog. Didn't realise there was a Lan View function in there - shows how observant I am.Bud