Sign in to follow this  
tecboy99

My View At FL360

Just thought some of you might be interested in some eye candy while we wait for the -300

14446746545_5c044ed2ac_o.jpg

Very nice - I am currently at FL340 en-route from OMDB - KIAD long flight 14 hours 28 minutes :ph34r:

Nice!  Wave as you fly over  :wink:

I'm under the downwind for the 1s, if you fly the HYPER southbound.

Kyle Rodgers

Nice!  Wave as you fly over  :wink:

Arrival tonight is 19R on the DELRO2 approach.

I fly that approach so often. Next time I fly into IAD on the downwind for the 1's Ill be sure to fly in at 500 feet over Kyles house. vroomm  :ph34r:

Arrival tonight is 19R on the DELRO2 approach.

Eww...why?  The DELRO is for old birds that can't do RNAV like the 777 can  :P

(They're almost the same STAR - they follow the same generic path - but the HYPER4 is for more advanced aircraft, and ends up helping controllers by eliminating the need to issue as many instructions.)

Landing on the 19s makes sense for the wind, but unless you have old scenery, or you're a glutton for punishment, I'd go for runway 19C.  The taxi from 19R will take a while compared to 19C.  If you have old scenery, 19C is the new identifier for the old 19R.

Kyle Rodgers

Eww...why?  The DELRO is for old birds that can't do RNAV like the 777 can  :P

(They're almost the same STAR - they follow the same generic path - but the HYPER4 is for more advanced aircraft, and ends up helping controllers by eliminating the need to issue as many instructions.)

Landing on the 19s makes sense for the wind, but unless you have old scenery, or you're a glutton for punishment, I'd go for runway 19C.  The taxi from 19R will take a while compared to 19C.  If you have old scenery, 19C is the new identifier for the old 19R.

Changed it to 19C HYPER. Thanks for the input! :wink:

I fly that approach so often. Next time I fly into IAD on the downwind for the 1's Ill be sure to fly in at 500 feet over Kyles house. vroomm  :ph34r:

Look for two small lakes just south of the access road.  I'm kinda in between them on the south side (north is on the left of this image, so the Toll Road / Access Road is out of the frame to the left):

DSC_5329.jpg

Changed it to 19C HYPER. Thanks for the input! :wink:

Welcome - wouldn't want you to get stuck with that taxi, and the HYPER should help you guide yourself down - the DELRO doesn't give any altitudes except the "expect" altitude, which may or may not be in the nav data.

Just thought some of you might be interested in some eye candy while we wait for the -300

What textures are you using?  Looks good!

Kyle Rodgers

Welcome - wouldn't want you to get stuck with that taxi, and the HYPER should help you guide yourself down - the DELRO doesn't give any altitudes except the "expect" altitude, which may or may not be in the nav data.

FYI - I am using FlightBeams FANTASTIC KIAD!

Now, I just gotta find a way to get up there from Rio. If United doesn't fly it, my VA doesn't.  :unsure:

FYI - I am using FlightBeams FANTASTIC KIAD!

Love that add-on.  Having worked the ramp at IAD for a number of years, I know it like the back of my hand.  FlightBeam's recreation is the only one that makes me feel "at home," if you will.  They did an amazing job (and I'm a perfectionist jerk :ph34r: ).

Now, I just gotta find a way to get up there from Rio. If United doesn't fly it, my VA doesn't.  :unsure:

We don't get many LRs here.  We get a decent amount of 300ERs from the Mid East countries.  Occasionally from France.  UAL is all 200ERs here, as far as the 777 goes.

Kyle Rodgers

The -200LR with code-share routes is as close as I'm gonna get. Just took off with RVR 300M. That was interesting. I watched your J41 video, looks like a fun aircraft to fly.