Sign in to follow this  

"Cannot connect to FSX" error after install Orbx latest libraries

Trying to determine if this is a P3D issue or an Orbx issue ... this problem happened right after I installed Orbx Libraries 140601 (and verified they were the P3DV2.2 libraries).

Cheers, Rob.

UPDATE:

As it happens, it was just a coincidence that I got this error after installing the latest Orbx Libraries ... the Libraries do indeed work fine.

The problem turns out to be a issue with A2A entries in my DLL.XML ... if I disable this P3D V2.x works fine.  If I re-enable the A2A entries then I get the error.

<!-- A2A AccuFeel 2.0 -->
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>A2A Feel</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Path>Modules\A2A_Feel.dll</Path>
<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
</Launch.Addon>

<!-- A2A AccuFeel 2.0 Menu -->
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>AccuFeelMenu</Name>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>Modules\AccuFeelMenu.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

I'm gonna guess A2A's license validation servers are down or something.  Posted over on A2A's forum.

Cheers, Rob.

No one's interested in your boring dll.xml problem Rob (only joking). What we want to know is how to get more fps with more detail and more ai with more HD airports and stutter free performance with better AA and more clouds.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Hey Rob, I get the same entries as you in dll.xml but I don't get the files in modules:

Modules\A2A_Feel.dll

Modules\AccuFeelMenu.dll

Any ideas?

regards

steve

Hehe I run the install again copied the files ok, think I cancelled it when it said I needed an extra 4Tb of space and aborted. lol. Anyway I run it up and the .dlls subscribe to simconnect events as network clients. Perhaps it's somehow locked out by internet security? all the best, steve.

Hmmmm ... not sure ... I've just uninstalled all my A2A products (AccuFeel v2, C-172, and the Cherokee).  Will try to re-install and see what happens.

Do you have the latest Orbx Libraries installed for P3D V2.x?  Specifically these: http://www.fullterrain.com/support.html#orbxlibs  140601 for P3Dv2.x.  Maybe there is a little more to this coincidence than I thought ... 

Even with A2A completely removed, P3D startup is VERY slow (like 5 minutes slow when it used to be under a minute).

If I disable all these Orbx entries P3D starts quickly (the more Orbx ObjectFlow entries I enable the longer it takes P3D to start)... I'm wondering if there is some type of conflict between A2A and Orbx's latest libraries -- this one really has me baffled.

<!-- Orbx Object FLow Library -->
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>ObjectFlow</Name>
    <Path>V:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\ObjectFlow.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

<!-- Orbx CYSE Airport Squamish BC -->
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>ObjectFlow_CYSE_P3D</Name>
    <Path>V:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_CYSE\scenery\ObjectFlow_CYSE_P3D.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

<!-- Orbx 05S Airport Vernonia OR -->
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>ObjectFlow_05S_P3D</Name>
    <Path>V:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_05S\scenery\ObjectFlow_05S_P3D.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

<!-- Orbx 11S Airport Sekiu WA -->
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>ObjectFlow_11S_P3D</Name>
    <Path>V:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_11S\scenery\ObjectFlow_11S_P3D.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

<!-- Orbx PAYA Airport Yakutat AK -->
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>ObjectFlow_PAYA_P3D</Name>
    <Path>V:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAYA\scenery\ObjectFlow_PAYA_P3D.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

<!-- Orbx Southern Alaska AK -->
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>ObjectFlow_SAK_P3D</Name>
    <Path>V:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_SAK05_SCENERY\scenery\ObjectFlow_SAK_P3D.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

<!-- Orbx Monterey CA -->
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>ObjectFlow_KMRY_P3D</Name>
    <Path>V:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KMRY\scenery\ObjectFlow_KMRY_P3D.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

<!-- Orbx Sumburgh UK -->
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>ObjectFlow_EGPB_P3D</Name>
    <Path>V:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_EGPB\scenery\ObjectFlow_EGPB_P3D.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

Cheers, Rob.

I've been concentrating on FSX so much recently I let my P3D license expire. I'll get a top-up soon. Do those libs come with the Scottish airport? I was going to get Sumburgh any day, looks good.

The common libraries are separate downloads, typically I run the latest library install after any new Orbx products I install ... should be done Last.  There is a library specific to P3D V2.x.

I tried to re-download the latest libraries using the Orbx Server and was unable to unzip the file ... getting an "invalid file".  Sooooo ... I went to their Google Drive and I was able to download and unzip ... hmmm

Resorting to the process of uninstall everything, re-install everything ... the fix all for all PC related software issues ;)

Or my other favorite solution:

Apparently I'm the only one with this issue, so I'll keep plugging away at it.

Cheers, Rob.

haha, good one. And the other one "have you plugged it in properly?". Do you remember the old one; on the phone: can you insert the floppy disk into the left hand slot and close the door...Oh, OK, but can you hold on while I open the window a bit, I had the door open because it gets warm in here.

Quick update, looks like AccuFeel v2.0 is the source of the error message (installed only AccuFeel and got the error) ... since AccuFeel v2.0 is technically not supported for P3D V2.x, I'm probably out of luck on support so will have to go it alone.

Now the big mystery is what caused AccuFeel to suddenly decide to show this error message ... the only "change" was installing the Latest Orbx Libraries ... is it possible the Orbx libraries updated a key file that AccuFeel needs?

I'm hoping my A2A C-172 and Cherokee for P3D will re-install and work correctly.

Stay tuned.

Can try setting up a simconnect log, they talk to that. Something like this.

C:\Users\Rob\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files\SimConnect.INI

[simConnect]

level=Verbose

console=0

file=C:\Users\Rob\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files\SimConnect%01u.Log

P3D 2.x uses managed SimConnect so SimConnect.xml and SimConnect.cfg

But good suggestion, will try it ...

Yes, I guessed it most likely changed a bit. May show something, they register for several simconnect resources.

Well it just got serious now, I re-installed the A2A C-172 and it's unusable.

Here is what happens:

1.  Load P3D ... default A36 ... all good, no issues, flies great, performance all good

2.  In P3D, Select Vehicle, select the A2A C-172 and hit Ok, it takes 7 minutes to load the aircraft

3.  Once the aircraft appears the sim will pause for 10 seconds, operate for 2 seconds, pause for 10 seconds, operate for 2 seconds ... just keeps repeating this pattern obviously making flight impossible.

4.  In P3D, Select some other 3rd party aircraft and all is good, no pauses, flies well, performance is great

So I'm not exactly sure what is happening, but whatever it is, it's not good.  I use the A2A C-172 for my real world flight training - so this issue has become much more serious for me.

Ugh.

FSUIPC.log isn't reporting any errors and all seems good with SimConnect.

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.934 by Pete Dowson *********
Reading options from "V:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Modules\FSUIPC4.ini"
Running inside Prepar3D v2 on Windows 7
Module base=1DEB0000
User Name="Rob Ainscough"
User Addr="robains@msn.com"
FSUIPC4 Key is provided
WideFS7 Key is provided
      734 System time = 19/06/2014 12:53:36
      749 FLT UNC path = "\\ROB-MAIN\Users\Rob\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files\"
      749 Trying V:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Modules\SimConnectP3D2.dll
      749 Found it: trying to connect
      749 FS UNC path = "\\ROB-MAIN\V\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\"
     1202 LogOptions=00000000 00000001
     1202 SIM1 Frictions access gained
     1202 VRI port 1 "com1" failed to open
     1202 Wind smoothing fix is fully installed
     1202 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay
     1202 Trying to use SimConnect Prepar3D
     8752 Running in "Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v2", Version: 2.2.10438.0 (SimConnect: 2.2.0.0)
     8752 Initialising SimConnect data requests now
     8752 FSUIPC Menu entry added
     8783 \\ROB-MAIN\Users\Rob\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files\Default A36.FXML
     8783 \\ROB-MAIN\V\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado A36 BONANZA P3D\A36.AIR
    58938 System time = 19/06/2014 12:54:34, Simulator time = 06:23:05 (10:23Z)
    59000 Aircraft="Carenado A36 Bonanza 60th Anniversary"
    63930 Starting everything now ...
    63961 Using "C:\Program Files (x86)\GoFlight\GFDEV.DLL", version 2.2.2.0
    63961 GoFlight GFP8 detected: 2 devices
    63961 GoFlight GFT8 detected: 1 device 
    63961 GoFlight GF166 detected: 2 devices
    63961 GoFlight GFMCP detected: 1 device 
    63961 GoFlight GFRP48 detected: 1 device 
    63961 GoFlight GFTQ6 detected: 1 device 
    63961 GoFlight GFATC detected: 1 device 
    65271 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled
    66316 Ready for ASN WX radar
    84366 \\ROB-MAIN\V\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_C172\C172.AIR
   169402 Aircraft="C172R F-GOAP"
   314920 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 103 secs = 29.8 fps
   336557 System time = 19/06/2014 12:59:11, Simulator time = 06:23:43 (10:23Z)
   336557 *** FSUIPC log file being closed
Average frame rate for running time of 122 secs = 29.7 fps
Memory managed: 31 Allocs, 31 Freed
********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

maybe some kind of problem with the aircraft's own settings data? can that be defaulted?

I don't know, still trying to problem solve ... Lewis (A2A) suggested installing the FSX SimConnect ... LM recommend I don't since it's built in and managed.  I could live with AccuFeel, but not without the C-172.

Problem is indeed specific to me ... no else is having an issue.  Whatever it is, appears to be conflicting with animations whenever an A2A aircraft is loaded.  For example the rotating beacon at an airport (default Langley) ... I'll make a quick video showing the issue using Alabeo aircraft and then A2A Aircraft.