Sign in to follow this  
Guest tcreagh

Have you tried Thunder Bay ver. 2?

Hi Folks,I just downloaded Thunder Bay ver. 2 and was wondering if anyone has tried it as yet?I tried their original version and it was excellent and chocked full of all sorts of scenery goodies. Unfortunately, it ran slow on my lower end system. So before I try it again I was wondering if anyone has tried it yet on a lower end system - and what the results were?Thanks,

Guest Steve Weatherwax

Hi Carabou,I tried it but it causes FS9 to CTD when I try to load the program.I followed the instructions to the letter, but no luck. It seems to have something to do with one of the files in the main Thunder Bay folder. It will load with the water class and land class o.k., but when the main scenery bgls and textures try to load I get a crash.Maybe a missing texture?Hopefully someone will find a cure or at least make a post if they have loaded it successfully.

Guest tcreagh

Sent you an email...have a peek and maybe we can help.

Guest tcreagh

You have diagnosed your problem well...your machine will struggle with this scenery unless you take the advice in the instructions with regard to settings...I realise that by reducing your settings you will not see what the scenery has to offer but that's the nature of the thing...compromises.

Hi there,does anyone have a fix for the CTD? I followed instructions and I'm very comfortable installing add-ons but this one unfortunatly crashes when loading at around 53%.I tried disabling the LC and WC but that didn't work either. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I loved version 1 a lot.Cheers,Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifAMD64-3400,1GB/2700DDRAM,WinXP(SP2),DirectX9.0c,Geforce6800(128MB)(Det.71.89), CH Yoke/Pedals

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11