Sign in to follow this  
TommyK154

A2A Cessna shutdown checklist?

I can't believe I didn't find anything when I searched, but there is no shut-down checklist for the a2a cessna. I've never flown in real life so I have no idea what the correct procedures are. I've done some digging around and found things on my own but I'm wondering if what I do is correct:

1) run up engine and lean it out for a few seconds (I heard this helps against fouling)

2) mixture idle

3) avionics master off

4) turn off the radio stack itself

5) beacon/other lights off

6) bat/alt off

7) magnetos off

8) fuel cut-off on

9) tank selector on right or left

10) control lock in place

11) tie down

Is there anything I'm missing or should do differently or add? I have no real world experience so I'm totally in the dark besides what I get from the manual and internet.

Park brake on (unless you're at fuel pumps, in which case they'd stay off)

Avionics off (use master if available)

Mag cut off check - switch to off then quickly back to both. If the engine dies briefly this confirms that neither sets of mags are live after shut down. Live mags are dangerous because turning the prop by hand could well start the engine

Lean cut off

Nav lights off if they were on

Keys to off and out. Put them on the glare shield so that both seats know they're out

Alt/battery off (leave the beacon on so that it comes back on as soon as the plane is powered back up)

Control lock in

Fuel to left or right to prevent cross flow if parked on a slope

Grab the keys on your way out

Tie down

That's from distant memory, so there might be something missing... It's pretty close to yours.

Mike

Yeah that sounds about right from what I remember.  I always bumped the throttle up a little as I pull mixture to cutoff, its an extra blast of air going into the engine just before shutdown, helps cool a little better.

When the A2A 172 was released, I scanned and uploaded my old ERAU 172S checklist.

Feel free to download it.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-7nGfv-Xq0ncFFVSXVpcWtRN2c/edit?pli=1

Yeah that sounds about right from what I remember.  I always bumped the throttle up a little as I pull mixture to cutoff, its an extra blast of air going into the engine just before shutdown, helps cool a little better.

When the A2A 172 was released, I scanned and uploaded my old ERAU 172S checklist.

Feel free to download it.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-7nGfv-Xq0ncFFVSXVpcWtRN2c/edit?pli=1

Thanks a bunch!

I can't believe I didn't find anything when I searched, but there is no shut-down checklist for the a2a cessna. I've never flown in real life so I have no idea what the correct procedures are. I've done some digging around and found things on my own but I'm wondering if what I do is correct:

1) run up engine and lean it out for a few seconds (I heard this helps against fouling)

2) mixture idle

3) avionics master off

4) turn off the radio stack itself

5) beacon/other lights off

6) bat/alt off

7) magnetos off

8) fuel cut-off on

9) tank selector on right or left

10) control lock in place

11) tie down

Is there anything I'm missing or should do differently or add? I have no real world experience so I'm totally in the dark besides what I get from the manual and internet.

ever tried Google "cessna 172 checklist"

there are enough to keep you busy reading for a very long time..!!