Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Saitek Pro rudder pedals maintenance... any suggestions?

I bought my Saitek Pro rudder in early 2012.

Since I never found any problems with it, and they still work great, no spikes whatsoever, I wonder if there are any of you with experience in any sort of maintenance for that rudder set?

Any suggestions?

Thx a lot!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I serviced mine a short while back, I did not service the pots as they are fine in my pedals.

I used a high pressure Lithium based grease ( a high pressure Bearing grease ) as Lithium grease should be plastic safe. I brought a high pressure grease as i hope i wont need to open them for a few more years and i felt if i brought the white grease like they use it would shorten the time between the next service they need.

While it did change the resistance of the pedals a little at first it seems to of settled down now and my pedals and nice and really smooth. I would recommend you take some pics with your phone etc. so you know the order in which it goes back together as i serviced the toe breaks movement as well

this is the one i brought

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Comma-BG2500G-Performance-Bearing-Grease/dp/B007WR38TY

I would not use this on my yoke though ( i have the saitek cessna yoke ), i would buy a thinner compound for that for those thinking about servicing a yoke.

I believe the Lithium grease is conductive so you will need to keep it off the pots and circuit boards in the pedals.

Thx a lot Paul.

I'll try to find one of those around here.