Sign in to follow this  
A3 610

Voxatc and addon airport afcads

Hello once again!

I have another question for you guys. I am really sorry to keep bothering you but i discovered this voxatc not long time ago and just know i am giving it a go.

So, this time my problem is that while i am at an add on airport for example Heraklion X, AI traffic is parked where it should not be. For example, in military parking positions and is far from the standard commercial parking spots. In addition, i get some problems when vox atc handles my taxi to active runways. I get instructions to taxi via impossible taxi routes. 

Now, i know that this has been discussed before and some information were given to search the scenery folder for faulty .bgl or 2 afcads. In addition, someone told to use ADE to correct parking position and stuff. Now, i have used ADE before but how can i tell which .bgl or afcad or i don't know what is faulty? Here is my scenery folder for Heralkion X...from here on what should i do? If some has the patience to explain to me what exactly do i have to do i would be really grateful.

URzcoLk.jpg

http://imgur.com/URzcoLk

YVKXiWM.jpg

http://imgur.com/YVKXiWM

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This is an interesting topic and I've been only somewhat successful in correcting problems in this area.  First - the files you show there seem to be all outside of FSX file structure.  I'm not familiar with Aerosoft scenery - but even Orbx puts the actual files into various scenery files into the actual FSX structure in the scenery folders.  I would do a search of the fsx scenery folders for the 4-letter airport code of the airport you're working on - that should show the main airport file.  Also - ADE won't open the bgl if it doesn't contain the airport - if will give an error message saying 'no airport in this bgl'.

As for the actual fix - this is where it can be hard to fix.  My problem has been ai getting stuck on runways and taxi ways - even though the taxi pathways and hold-shorts all appear connected properly in ADE and the ADE tool indicates no runway faults identified.

John

I also sometimes try to compare properly functioning airports to the problem airport by looking at each file in the ADE to see if I can find the problem.

I would say that the one good thing on this latest version is that the 'press 0 if impatient' seems to work better - as it cleared the stuck airplane and then gave me take-off clearance.  The problem plane just disappeared - so not realistic, but at least I didn't have to drive through or around it - also not realistic.

John