Sign in to follow this  
Guest firehawk44

Unusual Error Message

Fs9 has been crashing just after I select "Fly Now" and the sim begins to load weather traffic etc. I've been getting the following error message (see the screenshot). The strange thing is, I have 53 gig left on the hard drive, and 640 meg of RAM, and this occurs after a clean boot, no background programs save for explorer, and my DSL connection running ( I use ENDITALL). The other odd thing is that the detail message says it was an error in the FACILITIES.DLL module. After I uninstall and reinstall FS9, the problem disappears, then eventually returns. This has happened about three or four times thusfar. Anyone have any ideas why? Could it be an aberrant AFCAD file? Is it a setting in Windows memory cache? HELP!!!http://www.bwiairport.com/images/menu_BWIlogo.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MDhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/108974.jpg

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Alex,It's confusing isn't it. Would you have 'defragged' at all, lately? It seems to me that your HDD thinks it's 'full-up'?Run the Disk Cleanup, empty your Recycle bin and then defrag but only in that order.That should sort things out for you? If it dosen't I'm at a loss and would search for more technical reasons. Something in your HDD is causing the problem and needs finding.All the best,Dave.'Three greens and soft landings'

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest firehawk44

Not an unusual error message. Facilities.dll error is common. Out of memory errors are fairly common. I've had these errors too in the past and couldn't believe the out of memory error as I have over 1 gig of DDR2 RAM and the latest Pentium 4 system. I fixed it by uninstalling and reinstalling my ATI video card drivers. Maybe it will work for you too.Jim

Thanks for the tips guys. Yeah, Dave, I keep a clean system and defrag quite often, several times a week, really. I'll try your three step, well, two steps for me , as I most always keep the recycle bin empty as well. And Jim, I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling the voideo card drivers as well. I'll let you know! Could it also be a system cache or VCACHE setting problem? Any recommendations on what settings to have there in my system.ini file? http://www.bwiairport.com/images/menu_BWIlogo.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Guest firehawk44

You should have a "paging" file now if you have WinXP. I would recommend you not change your virtual memory settings and let your system manage the memory. Some people successfully play with the memory settings but I think it's best to leave the memory alone. But anyway.... I really, truly believe your problem is with the video card drivers as I had exactly the same problem soon after updating or reinstalling my drivers. The system stated they were installed properly and DirectX even stated there were no problems. But, somehow I think there's a registry entry that gets messed up in the upgrade or reinstall that creates havoc with your system. All I know is I did nothing else to my system but uninstall and reinstall my video card drivers and the problem went away (that was a couple months ago).Jim

Guest firehawk44

I forgot to mention about keeping a clean system. You state you keep your system clean. I do too. Be very careful during the cleaning process that you don't delete a file or registry entry that is actually required. I remember using Registry Mechanic recently to clean my registry (latest version) and it deleted "an unneeded reference to an ATI driver" (something like Drive O doesn't exist so it's safe to delete). Well, I shut down my system and restarted and got the blue screen error message and the system shut down. I went into safe mode and undid the cleaning by Registry Mechanic and the system restarted okay. Bottom line: Don't let any registry cleaner touch anything related to ATI even if it states it's safe to delete.Jim

Jim:I uninstalled / reinstalled my nVidea drivers and all is well. Thanks so much for the information - you made my week! Dave, thanks as well.Regards,http://www.bwiairport.com/images/menu_BWIlogo.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

Guest firehawk44

I'm really glad it worked for you too Alex (reinstalling your video card drivers to fix an out of memory error message) and happy you came back on and stated that was the fix. Too many forum users fail to come back when they find a solution to a problem leaving others hanging and still wondering how to fix this error.Jim