Sign in to follow this  
ejoiner

Best Scenery for Hong Kong area that works with FSX and FTX Global

I have FTX Global etc, and sometimes fly in Asia.  Not often, but I just returned from HK and China on business.   So I i switched to FTX Global scenery and flew out of VHHH.   First thing I noticed was that the water was all wrong. (not FTX issue...water class issue.)  So I made my own water class that matches and looks great.   

The problem is that the FTX global scenery looks nothing like whats appropriate for the region.   I wouldnt expect it to really.  The generic city tiles stretch over the mountainous terrain and really look bad.   Also the hills have nice fields on them, when reality is either heavy vegetation or a sky scraper apartment block!

Whats the general thought on what 3rd party rendition of Hong Kong works best with FTX?  Im looking for a current rendition, not necessarily Kaitak.  However, if the best answer is an older Kaitak airport version, Im cool iwth that.   Clear preference is a great looking Modern Hong Kong though. 

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Flytampa gives you hong kong city and Kaitak (fix water class as well), while imaginesim gives you an used to be modern but now getting dated VHHH.

Taxi2gate will make a new version of VHHH after OTHH if the plan has not changed yet.

Danny F

I found this freeware photoscenery for the whole Hong Kong region ... search the AVSIM library for hk_photoscenery.zip

Keep in mind that the Fly Tampa Kai Tak scenery has the old airport (as it was when it closed) but the city is actually from t whenever the scenery came out in the late 2000s (i.e. the scenery is anachronistic that way--there are skyscrapers in the scenery that didn't get built until after Kai Tak had been closed for years).