Sign in to follow this  
Forkboy2

Print PDF Enroute chart to bitmap??

Hi,I would like to create bitmaps for FS Movingmap, based on the DAFIF enroute charts (PDF format):https://164.214.2.62/products/digitalaero/t...r&country=enameDoes anyone know how to convert these charts to bitmaps?

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Guest CapHavoc

Howdy,If using Adobe 6.0, click on the Snapshot Tool, outline the image and capture it to your Clipboard. Now, simply paste the clipboard capture into an image editor (your default Paint programme will do, but IrfanView allows more options), save as .bmp (.gif is a better format according to Matt Fox) and Bob's ya n'uncle.

Guest UweR

Hmm, and that works well with large images?I converted my PDF charts with Photoshop. I do have Acrobat Professional installed as well, but only Photoshop has the image smoothing capabilities to get good results IMO. A high quality image extract of the ENAME charts ranges from 10 to 20 MB this way (saved JPG with 100% quality setting).The first image is a zoom of "my" extracted image, the second a chart with the same resolution from www.myairplane.com in OziExplorer:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/108006.jpghttp://mitglied.lycos.de/simdream/Ozi1.jpg

Guest CapHavoc

Howdy,That's very nice definition, Uwe. Drat it, now I'm going to have to spring the $ for Photoshop one of these days. :-lol

Even if you could convert them, they won't work in FS Moving Map because they aren't in the correct projection. The lat/lon lines aren't straight. Hopefully, Rana will figure out a way to use these maps in a future version.Matt

Hi, Matt.Did you try 4 Geo points? It seems to be somewhat useful but not as good as Sectionals. TV

Hi All,Thanks for your replies!

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

>Hi, Matt.>Did you try 4 Geo points? It seems to be somewhat useful but>not as good as Sectionals. TV>It depends on how accurate you want the location to be in FS Moving Map. Right now FSMM assumes all lat/lon lines are parallel and horizontal/vertical. The Enroute charts are not set up this way so the location of your aircraft could be way off. Rana is trying to figure out a way to allow FSMM to work with these kinds of maps.Matt