Sign in to follow this  
Hornit

So which MD-80?

Guest panda234

I know there was a flurry of posts about this a while back but there were some patches in the offing and am wondering what the status is now. Apparently there are 2 of them, and as I really like the aircraft I'm hoping that one or the other meets the rather high standards that have been set lately. Thx!billg

Depends of what you're looking for. I only have Lago's, but these are my impressions.MDMax: Complicated in terms of panels/systems and a nice looking panel. Throttle intagrated in main panel looks stupid, but understandable because you use it more active in some other aircrafts. Bad excuse for a external model, but there's a rumour about a forthcoming JetCity merge. With this merge you have the same models as Lago with a very advanced and complicated panel. I consider bying in when this merge and MDMax FMS is ready.Lago: Nice looking and functional panel, easier to learn than MDMax, but still challenging. Some of the negative opinions are based on lack of skills, some posted before the crucial patches (now most really important problems have been taken care of), and still some based on real problems, most of them from very skilled simmers an thus no big problems for the average mid-advanced simmer. The models from JetCity are awesome, and by purchasing JetCity MD's you can use other MD's than the 82 with difference airfiles and Lago panel (this merge is released).I love my Lago MD-82, but I think MDMax is good too.Here's a screenie with JetCity included stuff surrounding my Scandinavian MD-82 at ENGM:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/109080.jpgbrEagle

I get a ton of enjoyment out of my SGA bird, SGA soundsets, and any one of the Paul Golding based panels for the 80-88's. Marco Spada has done a very decent and easy to use MD-80 series panel. You can find just about any flavor you want for these also, early analog to full digital. They are pretty decent realism wise too. All this for Free, and I drive these things for a living! ;) On top of all that every one of these are very frame rate friendly also!Hornit