Sign in to follow this  
philyagoda

Disable Some Aircrafts

Hello everyone.I use MyTraffic 2013 and i was wondering if we can disable some aircrafts such as;beech,bombardier etc. ? I just wanna play this game with airbus and boeing.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You could move all the files containing aircraft you don't want to a new folder created by yourself. MTX aircraft will be in the <Your Main FSX Folder>\MyTraffic2013 directory (maybe it's called something a bit different, but it is a dedicated folder in the main FSX idrectory, so it should be easy to locate). This folder contains all the aircraft brought to your FSX by that addon, a folder for each aircraft type.

Now you could create a new folder, e.g. <Your Main FSX Folder>\Unused AI, where you could cut and paste all those folders of MTX you do not want to have; this way FSX will not know where to look for them as there is no reference entry in the FSX.cfg for that folder, so the planes won't show up.

Best regards,

Why? I'm not sure what this would give you for the effort involved.

Moving the aircraft will hide them, but will also create a couple of issues:

• The aircraft will not be available for FSX to use as AI traffic.
  • Gauges and such that are in the hidden aircraft will not be available if they are needed by aircraft that you download.

The method I use is to change the panel setting in each aircraft that I want to hide.  If an aircraft has an invalid panel setting then the aircraft is not shown as a selection but FSX can still use the aircraft as needed.

In each aircraft.cfg file there are [fltsim.x] sections that define each variant of the aircraft.  In each [fltsim.x] section that you want to hide just change the "panel=" to an invalid setting.  I use "panel=hide aircraft" so that it's obvious what I did when I look at the aircraft.cfg file in the future.

If you do this in all of the sections in an aircraft.cfg file then the aircraft will not appear at all in your selection window.  The aircraft will also be easy to find in the future and it is easy to un-hide the aircraft by changing the "panel=" settings.

Moving the aircraft will hide them, but will also create a couple of issues:

The aircraft will not be available for FSX to use as AI traffic.
Gauges and such that are in the hidden aircraft will not be available if they are needed by aircraft that you download.

They are already hidden and that is exactly what he wants to happen, he doesn't want FSX to use them as AI Traffic.

AI planes rarely contain gauges and those gauges are never needed by other planes.

There is nothing wrong in what he is attempting to do.

Can't he just delete the aircraft folders from SimObjects? If I were going to do this with WOAI, I think that is where I would start.

Can't he just delete the aircraft folders from SimObjects? If I were going to do this with WOAI, I think that is where I would start.

I wouldn't risk that with MTX, as it might cause issues (e.g. with the registry) when uninstalling, which I doubt would be the case with WOAI, as that is installed simply by kind of unzipping files (just like most other freeware addons).

Besides, if the OP changes his mind, it's easier to simply move some folders back to their original directory (or even simpler: add that path to the SimObbjectPaths in the FSX.cfg) than doing a repair/reinstall.

As for Pville211's points: Those are valid for user aircraft only, but MTX is AI, and as such they do not add any gauges, nor do they have a panel.cfg; so the potential issues mentioned (as Jim has pointed out earlier) will not actually be a problem. Moreover, even if they had panel.cfg's, it would be a painfuld work to rename all the panel.cfg's due to the sheer amount (IIRC, MT features about 100-150 aircraft!)

Best regards,