Sign in to follow this  
EngineRoom

Adriatic Flying - X-Plane 10

Here's a really spectacular part of the world that has been pretty much totally ignored by the flight sim community. It's the Adriatic coastline of the former Yugoslavia between Dubrovnik (Croatia) and Tivat (Montenegro).

The scenery is Simheaven ZL17 photoscenery, with World2XPlane over the top, and the LDDU Dubrovnik and LYTV Tivat airport sceneries are from X-Plane.org

Just to reiterate, this scenery is all freeware, and you can cover all of Europe to this level. It's accurate enough that I was actually able to pick out the 3D model of the apartment we stayed in when I had a holiday in Herceg Novi in 2008. It speaks volumes about the XP community that this stuff is made available as freeware.... if somebody ever did a project like this for FSX/P3D it would cost a fortune!

The aircraft is the Carenado King Air B200 (very nice aeroplane, highly recommended!), I'm using EFASS for the weather and MaxxFX. I'm still tweaking the Raleigh settings in the EFASS plugin and the sliders in MaxxFX to get a look in the sim I'm happy with. The Simheaven photoscenery is a bit washed out, so by increasing the colour saturation I can make it look better, but the sea starts to look a bit gaudy. If anyone's got any suggestions for how I might get a good balance between the two I'd be very interested.

Right now I'm a very happy X-Planer... I've got an awful lot of Europe to explore now    B)

3pIBQWY.jpg

RvLHzAH.jpg

S47Skag.jpg

3Pu5rcL.jpg

csG5PY3.jpg

Ljk2Dmu.jpg

P13zTrP.jpg

YQMs8SH.jpg

WvoNayD.jpg

9BelO57.jpg

wzr7fqy.jpg

eXcWk6I.jpg