Sign in to follow this  
flyer58

737 auto pilot

I think this may have been asked on a few occassions but I am still having Issues re the auto pilot not been able to activate

I have configured the aircraft as per the tutorial on several occassions and still it doesnt want to activate, then all of a sudden it does, but not always.

I have completely Un installed and re installed .. and still no joy. also VNav etc does not arm either.

I love this aircraft as I do the 777 and I have no issues with the 777 ...so can any one advise what the issue could be...and how I could resolve this.

I have gone through the FMC set menue no failures set.... maybe I am missing something.

Thanks

maybe I am missing something.

If Realistic AP Engagement is selected in the options menus, then you should have a look at the tutorial and intro manual to see the requirements for AP engagement.

There are minimum altitudes, and in-trim requirements.

Also - re-installs are generally the last thing you should do.  As you can see, it usually doesn't fix the issue and it can actually cause more problems if not done correctly.

Kyle Rodgers