Sign in to follow this  
KeithyGeorge

FSDT USA Airport performance

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has any must do changes to FSDT airports for improved performance,

Reason being is I normally fly around Europe with around 40 airports from UK2000, Aerosoft, FSDT and Fly Tampa which I generally get really good smooth performance with.

So the other day I got an email from FSDT saying buy there new George Bush airport and get others 50% so I thought lets have some USA flying so decided to install there trials of some of the USA airports, which when I did my normal test of sitting on active runway in PMDG NGX with UT2 traffic loaded I was getting 30 FPS so I thought right lets buy them.

So after trialling these Las Vegas, Chicago , Dallas Fort Worth and George Bush I decided to buy them all and then waited for Friday night to do some PMDG 777 Flying.

Well after flying from Airport to Airport I am getting terrible performance on approach, low FPS and stutters etc which is in complete contrast of my experience of flying in to UK2000, Aerosft airports in Europe where I get great performance.

Not trying to knock FSDT because they are great and the airports are great and all the forums say great performing airports so was just wondering if anyone has some must try actions to improve performance on these as I want to use them but the performance is putting me off my 4 new shiny airport purchases.

Thanks in advance

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Well, Aerosoft airports generally do not have as much details as FSDT ones. FSDT airports alone are very FPS friendly though, it's just the USA autogens etc that makes the area naturally more FPS intensive.