Sign in to follow this  
StubbinMyToe

VRS F/A-18e Superbug question

Simple question.  I have two machines that I fly with, both are used only by me and only one is in use at any given time.  Does anyone know if this product will allow me to install it on both machines?  I am thinking of buying it, and it does not say anything on the website.

So far the only product I have that is limited like this is ASN and it is annoying.

I should make this more clear...

When I am using it on machine A,  I activate it there.  When done on machine A, I deactivate it.

When using it on machine B, I activate it there and when done deactivate it.

repeat...

As long as I do not try to keep it active on two machines, it appears that I will be allowed to do this, correct?

Technically each machine is suppose to have its own licensed product installed.  If you have a PC and build a new PC you can deactivate the bug on the old PC and use the same licensed to activate it on the new PC, but technically you can not use the same license on two active PC's even though the bug is only active on one PC at a time.

Also VRS counts the number of times you install/activate it.  Lets say it is five and when you run out of activations you have to ask VRS to reset you number of activations.  Once you ask them to reset you number of activations a couple of times they will get around to asking you why you keep deactivating and reactivating and if their servers keep track of the machine you install it on they will be able to tell you have been activating/deactivating the same license on two different machines.

Also VRS counts the number of times you install/activate it.  Lets say it is five and when you run out of activations you have to ask VRS to reset you number of activations.  Once you ask them to reset you number of activations a couple of times they will get around to asking you why you keep deactivating and reactivating and if their servers keep track of the machine you install it on they will be able to tell you have been activating/deactivating the same license on two different machines.

Where did you see that?  It doesn't say this anywhere on the website and the documentation wiki even states you can deactivate and then reactivate on the same machine.  It also states that the only way you burn activations is by trying to activate without deactivating the current install.

"

4 Deactivation

If you intend to run the software on a computer other than the one it’s activated on, you should transfer the license back to the server first. You should do this any time you intend to reinstall the software. To deactivate the license, ensure you have an internet connection, and simply press the Deactivate option from Help>Registration Details and press OK. The license will be returned to the server and the software may now be activated on another machine or reactivated on the same machine."

http://forums.vrsimulations.com/support/index.php/Aircraft_Configuration_Manager_%28ACM%29

So I am guessing that what I am trying to do is perfectly valid because I will never have a licensed copy running on more than one machine. 

Where did you see that?  It doesn't say this anywhere on the website and the documentation wiki even states you can deactivate and then reactivate on the same machine.  It also states that the only way you burn activations is by trying to activate without deactivating the current install.

"

4 Deactivation

If you intend to run the software on a computer other than the one it’s activated on, you should transfer the license back to the server first. You should do this any time you intend to reinstall the software. To deactivate the license, ensure you have an internet connection, and simply press the Deactivate option from Help>Registration Details and press OK. The license will be returned to the server and the software may now be activated on another machine or reactivated on the same machine."

http://forums.vrsimulations.com/support/index.php/Aircraft_Configuration_Manager_%28ACM%29

So I am guessing that what I am trying to do is perfectly valid because I will never have a licensed copy running on more than one machine. 

From what I have been told by VRS in their forums.