Sign in to follow this  
MirageF1

Requirements for new ops system for FS2004

Hi there all - just a rather mundane question which I have no doubt you all have seen before - but I genuinely need a few words of 'kind' advice. very briefly - I have a +- 10 year old AMD Athlon3200+ -  and i think it's knackered - purely becuase my fs2004 lags or is consistently jerking and the screen and mouse 'lag' too. 

So here's the question for you experienced 'simmers' - if I want to be able to use fs2004 with lot's of addons and say - an airport addon of say 25Mb -  and wind the settings up a bit - what do you guys think the minimum I should be looking at - Dual Core - 4Gb Ram and a Nvidia GTX 650??? Something like that?? 

I am severly limited financially but I really need to get some help from this community!!

Does the above look o.k. to operate fs2004 really well - enough?

I would appreciate a few ideas.

many thanks.

Miragef1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I run FS2004 on with a Nvidia GTX520 card which has 1 meg of ram. My pc is AMD 8 gig / quad core. I bought that as a bare bones system from ebay, works great. I just upgraded the Windows 7 to 64 bit, that helps, now windows sees all 8 gig of memory, (my goof). I'm looking to upgrade my video card so I can run more of the newer games. I'm hoping to get a GTX680 card. But with that I need a bigger power supply. I found these two items at a local computer store for less than ebay. Look at pcdirect.com in Mishawaka, IN.

*** BigLarry ***