Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

Furmark And Intelburn Test V2.54

Does anyone run these or has done? I am doing it just now on maximum for IBT and so far so good everything is stable results are all the same.

Do you guys who have these or similar run the GPU and CPU stress test together?

Vernon Howells

I run Furmark from time to time.....

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I stressed my CPU for 4 hours at max and passed for my OC at 4.2 :)

Vernon Howells

IBT is nothing but a wrapper around intel's LINPACK benchmark executable.  There are many versions of LINPACK, the most recent AVX2 version will push my 4770K OC over 100c in a few seconds if I let it, though somewhat older AVX versions will push it to mid 70s or upper 80s with the same OC settings, depending on the version. Under the layers and layers of code in LINPACK, it does not do a whole lot more than to execute BLAS equations such as y = Ax + B billions of times in AVX floating point SIMD land, hardly an instruction mix that is all encompassing for stress testing general purpose computing.  I've also found furmark to be useless as a gpu OC tester for it'll run a gpu OC as 'stable' that will immediately hang when running a game such as Skyrim.  IMO using these together is not even close to being the end all in stability testing; if not used properly they could thorough cook the components being tested to the point of being damaged (but so could other stress/stability test apps too).

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

Hi i have scrapped these and gone with jims advice from AVSIM and now using AIDA 64 extreme only one that is approved by asus!

Vernon Howells