Sign in to follow this  
danbw10

Antec H20 650 Liquid Looing Or Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo?

Hello everyone,

So I am just finishing off the final touches of by build list and would like to know which of these coolers will fare best with the Intel i7-4790K. I would like to reach 4.5-4.7GHz if I was lucky (!), but which one will be best considering I am new to this and the H20 650 would cost me an extra $20. I would like one that is maintenance free, worth the money and would allow me to reach what I mentioned. I am only restricted to these two coolers with the company I have chosen, so no other possibilities such as the Corsair series. Thank you for your understanding.

Cheers,

Dan

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'm running the Kuhler 620 (previous version) with the 4790k.  Using it with two Akasa Apache Black fans instead of the single stock one.  Got the 4790k clocked at 4.5ghz, and not seen the cpu go above 55C even in this hot weather we are having at the moment here in the UK.

Thanks for your reply!

Charlatan, is the 620 maintenance free or..?

Cheers

Absolutely, install it and forget about it.  Would definitely recommend the 620 with two aftermarket fans.  Just looking at the 650, it seems that the fan is part of it, and there is no way of adding a 2nd.