Sign in to follow this  
BeechPapa

Preview Fpl On Mfd?

Is there any way to visually preview the FMC's FPL waypoints all the way to destination on the MFD? I'm used to having this feature on the Boeing planes, and it helps me to catch screw ups I could have made on the flight plan. Thanks. 

Yes, press the 'FORMAT' button below the FMS and then you can use the 'NEXT' and 'PREV' buttons on the 'FPL' page of the FMS to step through the waypoints. Unlike a Boeing FMS however, the waypoints are somewhat compressed even when zoomed in but you'll be able to make sense of it.

This is covered in the Q400 course, along with use of DME HOLD for a SID that requires a turn off a given DME from a VOR/ILS.

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

well worth getting  this package from Airline2Sim  once you watched the whole video package you wont have any other questions to ask :)

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Yes, press the 'FORMAT' button below the FMS and then you can use the 'NEXT' and 'PREV' buttons on the 'FPL' page of the FMS to step through the waypoints. Unlike a Boeing FMS however, the waypoints are somewhat compressed even when zoomed in but you'll be able to make sense of it.

This is covered in the Q400 course, along with use of DME HOLD for a SID that requires a turn off a given DME from a VOR/ILS.

Thank you for the guidance, it's great to get feedback from a pilot who actually flew the Dash 8. I am thinking seriously about buying Airline2Sim training courses, since the addon is so detailed and pilot training could really drive home the immersion factor. I plan on flying this plane everywhere. (Well, everywhere it has enough fuel to get to.)