Sign in to follow this  
Zeemon

Engine #1 Not Starting

Hi,

After many hours in the 777, I seem to have encountered my first real problem.

Since I installed SP1, I have deleted my old panestates and started off with a new C&D and save it after every flight, just like I did before (pre-sp1).

Today, however, after a long preflight with no problems, receiving pushback, starting engine #2 (successfully), my #1 engine just wouldn't start! :(

I have tried disabling auto-start, using a ground-start-unit, using x-bleed, etc. Nothing seems to work.

No failures show up and reloading the aircraft and FSX several times didn't work.

Am I doing something wrong or does it seem I have encountered a bug?

My panelstate files:

http://www.livegroningen.nl/panelstate.zip

Help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Simon

started off with a new C&D and save it after every flight

Occasionally, panel states get corrupted after saving them several times.  I'd take this one out to the pasture and create a new one.  That should fix it.

Kyle Rodgers

Occasionally, panel states get corrupted after saving them several times.  I'd take this one out to the pasture and create a new one.  That should fix it.

Thanks for the reply :)

I suppose that will fix it, this does, however, mean that timed failures reset after every FSX shutdown doesn't it? I'm pretty sure it does on the NGX. That's why I always save it and have them automatically load, this never used to fail (other than the known caution light that wouldn't extinguish and the CALC fuel thingy).

I guess I will have to live with it  :P

Thanks again!

I suppose that will fix it, this does, however, mean that timed failures reset after every FSX shutdown doesn't it?

Not sure why it would.  If I recall correctly, these hours are managed in a separate file.

Kyle Rodgers

I have a similar problem and i use the default panel state provided by Pmdg. When i turn off the engines and turn them back on they seem fine but when i push throttle up to begin taxi only one engine spools up, engine 2 but engine 1 doesn't respond to any throttle input both from the joystick throttle controller or the keyboard keys. I tried turning them off and on again but that didn't change anything. The only way i can get both engines to respond is restarting the simulator and never turning the engines off... Any help would be appreciated

I suppose that will fix it, this does, however, mean that timed failures reset after every FSX shutdown doesn't it? I'm pretty sure it does on the NGX. That's why I always save it and have them automatically load, this never used to fail

Hi, Simon,

Failure and time in service settings are specific to each aircraft by tail number.  Panel states are not specific to a particular aircraft, so saving the panel state each time won't save the service and failure info.  I believe that information is stored in FSX>PMDG>777 X>Aircraft in files that start w/ the tail number and end in .hours, for example N702DN.hours   A similar file, but ending in .ini , stores the particular settings for that aircraft.

I agree with Keil that saving the same panel state repeatedly is likely to cause issues.  I suggest you start w/ a PMDG-supplied panel state that has never been saved or modified, set up the aircraft the way you want it to be at startup, save the panel state with a new name, and make that your default startup state. 

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2