Sign in to follow this  
Andy764

Sp1 Weirdness

Hi Guys,

I am sure I saw on here a few days ago people discussing this issue, however I'll be damned if I can find it again. Oh on posting this that post has reappeared directly below mine..  

However: (In case its a separate issue)

Midway through a flight from Heathrow to JFK, and the time compression sets itself at 8x.  At this point the aircraft veers sharply off track to the left.  Ok probably shouldn't happen but I can deal with that.  I turned the time compression off so its running in real time and heres the weird bit the aircraft shows as correcting itself by initiating a turn to the right visually you can see the aircraft is turning to the right both from within the flight deck and from an outside spot view, however the ND shows the aircraft turning to the left and the heading indicator shows the same thing.  At this point AP is still engaged, so I switch from LNAV to HDG Sel and enter a heading.  No change instruments still contradict what is happening.  I disabled the AP and found that no matter what I did with the yoke there was still no change.  I know the yoke was still connected to the sim as all other buttons including the Autopilot disengage work exasctly as they should including the vertical axis of the yoke itself.

I got annoyed at this point and quit the flight, however if anybody has any suggestions, please feel free to share.  I have not seen this happen ever prior to installing SP1.

Many thanks
Andy

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Midway through a flight from Heathrow to JFK, and the time compression sets itself at 8x.
The T7 was flying at normal speed and all of sudden just went to 8X or was the T7 already at 2X or 4X and then went to 8X. Which was is correct?

It was at normal speed after going past a waypoint and then ramped itself up to 8x.   Previously it had only got up to 4 x . 8x is the max within the time compression settings I have applied. So what it did was correct.  The result less so.

Andy.

It was at normal speed after going past a waypoint and then ramped itself up to 8x.   Previously it had only got up to 4 x . 8x is the max within the time compression settings I have applied. So what it did was correct.  The result less so.

Andy.

When I have used time compression the max setting in the FMC is 4X. When I right click the CHR button on the clock it starts at 2X and several seconds later goes to 4X. But when the plane turns at waypoints it returns to normal time. Once past the waypoint it goes back to 4X skipping the 2X seen in the original engagement of compression. If you were flying at 4X or 8X prior to the waypoint and once past the waypoint it goes to 8X, I see nothing unusual in that since you had compression at 8X on the FMC. What might happen at 8X is another deal and is discussed in this thread http://forum.avsim.net/topic/446758-problems-with-time-compression-8x/.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the response.   What you have said I agree is correct and I wasn't so much as questioning what time compression was doing more what the aircraft was doing after it got to 8x which as you rightly say is detailed in another thread.  When I was writing the original post I could not find the post relating to the weirdness going on at 8x,  It was only as I posted that this other thread came back to the top of the file. 

I will keep an eye on what is going on in that thread. 

Best Regards

Andy.